good price for a rosie?

BigBadConrad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good price for rosie, pink toe, zebra?

The Petco in Scottsdale just got in a shipment of 2" rosies. They are $16.99, which sounds like a good price to me. Is it? I haven't seen them yet but am going by there later today. The one in Tempe has 3" rosies (same price), 2" pink toes for $24.99 and 4-5" zebras for $24.99. I only have space for one right now. Any of these good deals?

Last edited:

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We got our 4-4.5" at Petco for $20. She's a wild caught red phase who came to us with "baggage"....or should I say "sackage". I don't think that price is too bad, but when it comes to pet stores, I'm not the greatest judge, as the ones here can be pretty outragious.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got a 4" female rosie for 20$ at a petstore, you can order them online or get them at shows for 10$ or less, but if the spider is there, and 16.99$, you might as well pick it up. 2 years from now, you're going to forget whether you paid 17$ or 25$ for it anyway.

My motto when it comes to this:

"If you're willing to pay it, it's a good price....." ;P

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Here in So. Cal., an adult female sells for $14.99. Although WC, they are usually healthy.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Two petstores around my house only sell them for $ 14 something! They A. seemani they sell are pretty cheap, too...around 19 dollars. But the other more exotic species are pretty pricy. Last time they had goliath bird eater slings, they were over 68 dollars. I bought my large B. smithi sling from Petco, on sale for only over 32 dollars. It's name is Hadhafang.

Check it out: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/knotsripol@sbcglobal.net

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The pet stores around here sells 3-4" for $9.00. I think that's the best deal I've seen yet.

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got mine (5) from LLL Reptile in So. Cal for $20. They sell them for $4 each, 5 for $20, 10 for $35, and 20 for $65. I guess it just depends on how many you want. I stopped at their store and got mine so I didn't have to pay the $20-$25 shipping charges.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Whoo hoooo, not more than an hour away!

GONE SHOPPING!

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
What and where is LLL?
Not too large of a selection but you can find some good deals. There is another shop that is about a mile from them but the name escapes me at the moment. Not as good a selection but always worth the look. I think they are on the main hwy that runs along the coast there.