Good Ole Pink Zebra Beauty, E. Camperstratus

avmaviator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is a pic of my first Tarantula, a Pink Zebra Beauty (E. Camperstratus). I still have to sex her to be 100% sure, but several people have said she is a girl, so for now she is, lol. Her name is Piper.
I have had her since beginning of June, still waiting on a molt, but i know they are slow grower.

Arno

I'm receiving my Blondi tomorrow, wooohoo

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pink

Very nice!

I would say about 99% sure that she is a she.

-Charlie

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice pic and a nice looking T. Do you have a pic of her underside?
It would help us identify it as he/she.

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Pink

Originally posted by Charlie
Very nice!

I would say about 99% sure that she is a she.

-Charlie

Hmmmm. The old sexing sub-adults from the top method. Sorry Charlie. Doesn't fly.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah... i was going to have to say something about that.... you can't tell male from female by looking at the top unless they're mature and the species is known for having DRASTICALLY different colors/looks....

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
!

I have found after having seen Many different Males and Females up close that you can tell very easily just by body shape, it's not 100% by any means but it happens to work when making an educated guess.

Sometimes things do not have to be as complicated as some of you like to make them. I would be willing to place money on the fact that it is a female and to tell you the truth I dont give two shakes if you think it "doesn't fly".

-Charlie

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'll agree that many males have skinnier opisthomas, and longer legs, and sometimes it's brutally easy to tell male from female at a glance, but the majority of the time, it's really hard....

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Beautiful PZB you got there. That's one bald butt on her.

Bry

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: !

Originally posted by Charlie
I have found after having seen Many different Males and Females up close that you can tell very easily just by body shape, it's not 100% by any means but it happens to work when making an educated guess.

Sometimes things do not have to be as complicated as some of you like to make them. I would be willing to place money on the fact that it is a female and to tell you the truth I dont give two shakes if you think it "doesn't fly".

-Charlie
This is a juvie or sub-adult. There is no way you could have more than a 50/50 chance with most t's that do not have color differences at this stage. I can feed a male and make him fat but that does not make him a female. I could post pics a you would have no clue. If you want to try I'll do it for you. Notice that no one has posted to agree with you. Let me know and I'll take some pics and we'll have some fun.

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not saying this t is not a female since it has already been sexed as one by others as so. I'm saying sexing at this stage or younger, from this point of view is not valid.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice lookig PZB, could use a little minoxidil, but otherwise a good looking spider.

Andy