Good experinces with T people

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok 1st off.. just 2 vent . I was actually into dart frogs . But met this dude in Columbus Ohio named john Kerr ( plug , plug ) anyways as I was frog shopping I noticed this guy had sooo many Ts and my fear of spiders in general caught my eye. Next thing you know Im takin home an emporer scorpion and this 2" rose hair. Next came my baby Versi .... and what really caught my eye was the Cobalts. He pointed out I should become alittle more familiar with Ts in general before jumpin in and was happy selling me an $8 Rose. I was kinda impressed he couldve said 'hey buy this its $25 and easy to care for " , but he didnt . What Im getting at is people that breed Ts care about what they have and most arent out 2 make a quick buck. On a lighter note , Ive been dealing with scorps for 1+ years ( no problems ) and my 2 Ts 4 months. I really want a Cobalt , are there SLINGS of Cobalts out there anywhere? I seem to do better with youngsters. Am I ready for a Cobalt? If not I really lean toward my 2nd choice the Green Bottle Blues. Any Ideas? Thanx , FRoST

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok iff all youve had are rose hairs then probably not. cobalts need a bit higher humidity and are very aggressive. on the other hand a green bottle blue needs bone dry conditions I'm no expert on either species but from what I do know I would say go for the green bottle blue. I think there a better looking T anyway

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
In the right place

Check out the review section on this site for online sellers - you can find slings of many species. Read up on cobalt's or ask for specifics about them. If you're well read on T's, you'll understand what to expect from various T's. Pace yourself - when you feel ready, you'll know when to move forward.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
IMO,
If you've been doing scorpions that long, you've got a good respect for Hot critters. A colbalt blue just doesn't like to be messed with, like scorps. You don't get to close to your scorpions as to get stung, right? Treat you T's with the same respect and you'll be fine.. Again, IMO

ERnie

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I disagree I have kept scorpions as well and found that most scorps won't sting unless you really make them mad and you can pick a scorp up by the tail and have the dangerus part secured, with a t usually the least little thing can send them into a threat posture. But as long as you do your research I say give it a try it dosen't take a rocket scientist to keep a tarantula. in fact I believe they're about the easiest pet to keep that there is.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Along the lines with everyone else, I say read up and ask questions and if you want a cobalt blue than get a cobalt blue. You could own a million docil tarantulas and they would never get you ready for a more deffensive species. It is kinda one of those things you have to dive head first into and learn as you go. What ever you decide to get Good luck.:)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with what everyone else said, just respect the Cobalt and don't try to handle it, most of the time once establishd in it's enclosure, a cobalt will run back down into it's burrow rather than attacking you. Most of the more aggressive T species are more defensive and shy than actually aggressive, as long as you don't attempt to handle or otherwise provoke the spider everything is fine. Also, I would get the cobalt and the GBB.

Andy