good and bad

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last night I noticed that my big A. metallica female finally laid a ginormous sac! It's my first sac since coming back to the hobby and I think I'm going to have a hard time waiting to pull it. {D The other female has been webbing more and more so hopefully hers isn't far behind.

Unfortunately though, I got in a couple of spiders today that were supposed to be A. purpurea, but definitely aren't. They're recent imports from one of our reptile vendors at work, and I think they may have sent me what they are calling A. urticans by mistake. They look like juvie A. sp "Peru Purple." Still nice, but definitely no A. purpurea! :(

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WELL, congrats on the sac,,,,A.metallica are on my want to buy a lot and only eat top ramen for the next week list. Are you going to be asking the seller about your purchase? or are you just going to take them as is? as long as you got a good price on them then its just a good excuse to get new ones:D
~Aaron

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I'll work it out with them. Either get them to adjust the price to the urticans price or send them back. The more I think about it the more I want to keep them, but it's just a pain getting imported avics because they can be so hard to ID.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bummer about the avics. Least you have some very big avics..