Goliath Molt Accident...Fatal???

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by veronyka
You guys are scaring me! My T Blondi is about 5 inches or so, and I have yet to see her molt since I just got her as an Xmas present.. Is the problem with bad molting a huge thing with them? If it is, can anyone suggest how I best prepare her so maybe I won't have any issues like this?I keep her in a 10g tank with bed-a-beast kept moist and with water in the tank all the time, and with an under-tank heatpad.
Veronyka,
Although its been stated to the contrary, keep the humidity up. More than likely, it was for my own benefit but, I stayed up all night with my blondi. She does grow by leaps and bounds, every molt, but this one, she seemed to have grown alot. I'd say she is close to 7 inches, if not a slight bit more..Her legs are nearly pencil thick..
Peace,
Gillian

bradk

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by veronyka
You guys are scaring me! My T Blondi is about 5 inches or so, and I have yet to see her molt since I just got her as an Xmas present.. Is the problem with bad molting a huge thing with them? If it is, can anyone suggest how I best prepare her so maybe I won't have any issues like this?I keep her in a 10g tank with bed-a-beast kept moist and with water in the tank all the time, and with an under-tank heatpad.

I got mine in October and it finally molted the other day (but died as you know). Anyhow, the abdoman was greatly discolored for weeks. Additionally, she wouldn't eat for about 3 weeks before. Moved very little. I thought she was sick. I thought it was coming for almost two months or so. So it is hard to tell exactly but there are some signs.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well... I guess my T looks pretty healthy.. she sure can eat! I am sorry to hear about your loss tho :( I've lost 2 T's to bad moults and I still don't know what I did wrong.. I think I'm just cursed when it comes to A. Avics.