golden gecko/leopard gecko terrarium

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im purchasing golden geckos soon and im wondering if a exo-terra cage, (the one with the locking doors in the front) would be suitible to house a mating pair.
im also not sure about my leopard geckos, i have two in a ten gallon tank, male and female, but the females bigger then the male. will that stress the male or cause them to be aggressive towards each other?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
im also not sure about my leopard geckos, i have two in a ten gallon tank, male and female, but the females bigger then the male. will that stress the male or cause them to be aggressive towards each other?
I believe that anytime one leo is noticeably larger than another, there could be stress problems, the larger might hog the food/sleeping spots or otherwise bully the smaller. Even if you don't see it happening, keep in mind that reptiles (like most wild animals) are quite good at hiding problems until it's already serious. :(

Also, if it's a male and female being kept together year-round, the female could get over-bred. Having babies too often probably isn't healthy, though I mostly hear this in relation to larger lizards like beardies and iguanas. But I don't see why it wouldn't go for leos as well.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The exoterra should be fine for the golden geckos. I always see them perched on the walls of their tank :p but make sure to provide a hiding spot on the ground as well.