Glue !!!

bjornnn

Arachnopeon
I am creating a container by sticking two plastic cylinders together. I have used "uhu all purpose adhesive" but I'm wondering if its too toxic and could harm my tarantula? Which glues/other sealing subtances are harmful and which ones are ok? Thanks

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
UHU glue? Isn't that the kind that comes in a yellow applicator? That junk couldn't hold two magnets together!

Get yourself a hot glue gun. Stuff is strong, dries fast, cheap and easy. No real curing process either. As soon as it dries, you're good to go.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
UHU glue? Isn't that the kind that comes in a yellow applicator? That junk couldn't hold two magnets together!

Get yourself a hot glue gun. Stuff is strong, dries fast, cheap and easy. No real curing process either. As soon as it dries, you're good to go.
This^

but I would add to roughen up the area you are going to glue with some sandpaper first. If it is shiny plastic the hotglue will eventually just come/ pop off.

Silicone works too, you just have to leave it out in the open to lose its fumes for quite awhile.

Last edited:

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
aquarium silicone

super strong and flexable. aquarium sealer is glue plus silicone.

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was thinking about using aquarium glue too, but was concerned about the smell and whether or not it would hurt the T's. Funny, I was going to ask the same question last night.