gimp no more

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i am proud to announce that my 6-legged l. cristata spiderling has moulted and is now sporting two more noticeably smaller legs.

there isn't much of a size difference, though, between the last moult and the most recent. then again, i'm comparing it to the growth rate of my other spiderling, which happens to be a l. parahybana (not wise, i know).

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrates, I happen to think that the regouth of lost appendages keep the spider from gaing size in molts, due to the energy being used to grow the new limbs

Sincerely,

Brandon

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
i am proud to announce that my 6-legged l. cristata spiderling has moulted and is now sporting two more noticeably smaller legs.

there isn't much of a size difference, though, between the last moult and the most recent. then again, i'm comparing it to the growth rate of my other spiderling, which happens to be a l. parahybana (not wise, i know).
I'm glad your t is regrowing it legs back.

I have an A. genic. that was growing like wild fire for almost the first year I had him/her. But over the last two molts, I have really not noticed any growth at all. Does anyone know if genics are sexually dimorfic. Because, from what I understand, adult genics are supposed to rival some of the other tarantula giants.

Big Dragonfly

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YAY for the beautiful Krystal. How big are teh legs that grew in?