Giant Spider ID Anyone?

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was looking at some stuff on youtube, browsing around looking for videos of G. pulchra(e)? I don't know about the plural form. Sorry.

and I found this video, clicky clicky of this huge spider. I mean, ginormous. I don't think it's a G. pulchra. It kind of looks like a Bird Eater of some sorts... it's like a dinner plate... a big, really big dinner plate. And who in their right mind would hold a Bird Eater?

Any insight?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I cant put my finger on the species, but most mature males are harmless. they have one thing on their mind.Only once have I ever seen a male get pissy with me and that was a H. lividum mature male.

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm guessing a T. apophysis. If it didn't have tibial spurs, then I would say T. blondi.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
cancerides
I was gonna guess that but all the mature male P.cancerides I've seen are very colorful, but then again so are T.apophosis males. Maybe it was some kind of unknown Theraphosa spp.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the dim light that video was shot in i think most male cancerides would appear brown. most of those purples are brought out by well placed lighting. Same with apophysis, and most T's for that matter.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man it still looks like cancerides to me, but i just noticed that it sounds like the people in the background are speaking portugese, which makes me think its in Brazil. Maybe it is apophysis.

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man it still looks like cancerides to me, but i just noticed that it sounds like the people in the background are speaking portugese, which makes me think its in Brazil. Maybe it is apophysis.
sorry but i dont hear anyone speaking portugese at all