giant spider discovered in the middle east

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty cool. However, it seems sad that now we find out about them, they could potentially be extinct before we know it.

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish there was more info on them. Like how could a new species of that size just now be discovered. Beautiful spider though, Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

Bjoern Elksnat

Arachnosquire
in europe they was in the hobby, often before.

They have not established til yet. Easy to keep, but seemly not to breed successful.

LG Björni

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, that is SO cool! What a beautiful spider too. I always have to stop reading the comments on those types of things, though, because they make me want to go out and strangle someone. It never takes long for some dumbum to say, "set it on fire" or "torch the mo'fos" or something equally intelligent and helpful. Arg. I like arachnoboards.
Hey you know what else I think is so cool? That spiders invented doors waaaaay before humans even figured out that they could beat things better if they used a stick.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
:eek:.... Is that a.... ???? Wow!!!!!! (hurries off to study this)

At first glance I thought it was a Lycosid, but the eyes remind me somewhat of a Running Crab Spider.......

Utterly FASCINATING!!!!! Thx for sharing! S.

tom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cerabalus

It is in family Sprassidae. very nice photo, has been offered for sale within the last year i believe.cheers, tom

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Where, where????? :drool: LOL!

We certainly need to get these bred and raised.. it would be sooo sad if they died out.... :(

These are very beautiful spiders, and I would get rid of my collection just to have a mated pair! :D

S.