Giant Burrowing Cockroach? (Biggest?)

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey.

I got fascinated by these critters from downunder just some short time ago (haven't actually seen one, but they're popular pets in oz I hear) so I was wondering if anyone keeps them/ have seen them? Only saw them mentioned on goldenphoenixexotica's (or whatever the name) on u.s sites, and they were looking for anyone breeding the things in the U.S.
So I'm not sure if they are even in the U.S insect hobby yet? I saw one site of a U.K shop offering a few tiny ones for sale (and telling everyone they were very rare and things) so I don't know if they're actually in the hobby there either.

Part of the reason I have my doubts about this bug being in the pet trade anywhere else than Oz is of course because of Oz. (It's native to Queensland there)

Macropanesthia rhinoceros

Mr. Hell

Arachnopeon
hi there,

i think you mean Macropanesthia rhinoceros.
(yes you do, sorry saw it too late :)

have a look here .

they´re still very rare and very expensive. thy do feed on eucalyptus.

greetz

Mr. Hell

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha, I should have guessed it. Deutschland is a bit like Hong Kong in certain aspects :D

Eucalyptus-leaves...lots of them herearound, to be certain :p
Anyway, is that a reputable dealer ?

ROACHMAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes I have them but they are a long way to go before breeding it takes 3 to 4 years before mating and they also live for 10 years

Mr. Hell

Arachnopeon
hi ,

deutschland like hongkong? hmmmm :)

the name of the dealer is peter grabowitz. he´s often on trading shows with Avertebrates.
i hadn´t any problems with him so far, and i think he is ok, as he couldn´t afford to have bad reputation.

as far as i know he´s offering young nymphs right know for a good price.

greetz
Mr. Hell

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW........

those things are built like tanks ,

anyone know a similar species with the same body structure ive been looking for something like that for presentations.