Giant Arabian Deathstalker (Apistobuthus pterygocerus)

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just got a sexed pair of these in... Really amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those are fantastic!! Congrats.

How big are they?

Peace,
Chris

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are INCREDIBLE! What a scorpion. To bad they are that high in price. Your very lucky to have them Bill, im very jealous :) If you get bored with them and cant sell them, just ship them my way. I will give them a good home.. haha..

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I realize they're expen$ive... But trust me, they cost me plenty, too. And I really had to fight my supplier to get them, they were already presold by another distributor (long story)!

If nobody wants them (and I have a feeling someone will), I'll try to breed them myself. :D

bill

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The second shipment in the USA has arrived. Only a small number this time. The first shipment, Glades received, while hoping some were gravid females, none were. They were sold for either $95 or $110 each and nobody successfully bred them, from what all of the purchasers have told me.
I would be interested in about 6 days, if you want to hold the pair for me.

adios,
edw.

;P

Last edited:

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I will definitely get more of these if at all possible... They're easily the most impressive scorp I've ever seen. Besides, I want a couple for myself! ;)

BTW - the male is a little smaller and a tad darker, with more orange.

bill

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
COOOOOOL......

That's a bad ass lookin' scorp. About how long are they and how lethal (those are some pretty long pincers) ?

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What info I could find indicated that they've been responsible for some deaths due to their incidence in populous areas... But that their venom isn't quite as potent as L. quinquestriatus (which isn't exactly reassuring).

bill

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, Bill...these deathstalkers are glowing! Do you wear sunglasses around them?

Bry

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey Bill...

I have to ask are the colors true or is that some touch up action or camera not quite getting it right. If they actually look like that in person they are fantastic looking.

Phil

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The first pic was with a flash, the others were with no flash and a very 'cool' tone light, which makes the auto white balance of the cam tend to 'warm' colors up a bit to compensate. But yes, that's what they look like. I did absolutely no Photoshopping.

bill

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
BTW, the female is defensive as many scorps of the region are, but the MALE is DANGEROUS. He has good vision and uses it -- he is lightning fast and very eager with his stinger. Just a note in case anyone here winds up with this species at some point. I wouldn't get my hands anywhere NEAR one of these.

bill

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
i realize this is an OLD thread.. but the question came up here 2-3 times, and was never answered.. how big are they, how big do they get?

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi.

I often wondered what happened to him and his website. He was active years ago and a nice guy in person.

Adults are large similiar to a large Leiurus and or Hadrurus.

Regards.

Sinc. Chad

ScorpDemon said:
i realize this is an OLD thread.. but the question came up here 2-3 times, and was never answered.. how big are they, how big do they get?

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is just so amazing looking that I really want one. If only I could afford to spend so much on a bug.

The Bear

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its been said many times but beautiful scorpion!!! :drool:
Way to venomous for me right now though and too expensive.

Congrats :worship: :worship: :worship: