ghost death stalker (photo)

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
here it is

I just went over to Cold Blooded Creations and bought the last Ghost Death Stalker. I will try and attach a photo. The photo was just taken in my bathroom with no flash. The photo does not really capture the true colors but it looks like glow in the dark plastic. It came from Tanzania and can no way be a desert hairy. Check out the thin claws. This is rather psycho but is fun to watch.

Here is the photo

Bob

Last edited:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
You are right it; does not look like a desert hairy but it very well could be a Leirus quinquestriatus, which I hope you realize that ounce per ounce has the most potent venom of all scorpions and can kill you if it stings you. Be very careful....I'd post a pic on the ScorpFans site to have one of the professionals ID it to be sure.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scorpionfans/

That said; you have an interesting and wicked looking little scorp.
Have fun and be careful.

John
];')

Last edited:

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

Nice Scorpion, those claws look really really thin.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I wonder about the I.D. The general shape looks right, but there is no darkening of the 5th metasomal segment. Every deathstalker I've seen (albeit a limited number) have that darkening. On the other hand, they have a huge range and I would be surprised if there weren't a fair amount of geographical variation.

Cheers,
Dave

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would guess it is a Leiurus species. It acts and looks the same except the color. I will treat it as if it is for sure!!!!

Look Only!

Bob

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Yeah thats the best thing you can do until it is positively ID'ed.

When in doubt...watch out....I know its cheesy but its easy...to remember...

A corny Jessie Jackson???:rolleyes:

John
];')

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager

When in doubt...watch out....I know its cheesy but its easy...to remember...

A corny Jessie Jackson???:rolleyes:

John
];')
LOL! Sounds more like Johnny Cochrane to me! :p ;)

Atrax

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am pretty sure it is not a leiurus. To me it looks more like a buthus arenicola. or mayba Buthacus leptochelys.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
errit said:
I am pretty sure it is not a leiurus.
As am I. A couple years have passed since my first hesitancy and since then I have learned a few things. The prosoma carinae are all wrong and there are not five keels on the first couple mesosomal segments as far as I can tell. As to what it is, Buthus is not a bad guess -- but given the single pic, that is all it can really be.

Cheers,
Dave

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Alonso99 said:
Nice Scorpion, those claws look really really thin.
You know what they say........"the smaller the claws, the more lethal the venom is." I take it that this isn't the type of scorpion you'd want to pet. LoL