Getting sling out of vial

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
terrestrial but semi fossoria
Almost all of my “terrestrial” spiders have or still burrow. Including half my Pamphos. Also WC specimens typically burrow more than CB. As was stated above, environmental factors can play a part. Heat/cold, stress, premolt, post molt, etc

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Almost all of my “terrestrial” spiders have or still burrow. Including half my Pamphos. Also WC specimens typically burrow more than CB. As was stated above, environmental factors can play a part. Heat/cold, stress, premolt, post molt, etc
Really?? And I have a baby pamphos. I’ll add more dirt tomorrow for them I want them to have best care possible

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Really?? And I have a baby pamphos. I’ll add more dirt tomorrow for them I want them to have best care possible
I keep all my pampho slings on about 2.5-3" of sub with a cork bark hide and starter burrow. I typically start them in larger enclosures as slings ( I use Sistema 3L latch boxes with vent holes drilled into sides and top). They grow ridiculous fast and can hit 4" or so in first year. so smaller containers aren't really practical imo. You can get those containers from walmert relatively cheap...I believe I have 16 in circulation atm for larger slings/small juvies.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
I keep all my pampho slings on about 2.5-3" of sub with a cork bark hide and starter burrow. I typically start them in larger enclosures as slings ( I use Sistema 3L latch boxes with vent holes drilled into sides and top). They grow ridiculous fast and can hit 4" or so in first year. so smaller containers aren't really practical imo. You can get those containers from walmert relatively cheap...I believe I have 16 in circulation atm for larger slings/small juvies.
I’ve got him in the 8x6x4 but only about an inch and half of substrate I’ll order him a box from Walmart and good thing I just replaced all my drill bits!! And I feel bad I think you’re 100% right. The only spider that hasn’t used a hide or anything is my G pulchra sling he just sits out all day so the rest will appreciate the addition

Attachments

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I’ve got him in the 8x6x4 but only about an inch and half of substrate I’ll order him a box from Walmart and good thing I just replaced all my drill bits!! And I feel bad I think you’re 100% right. The only spider that hasn’t used a hide or anything is my G pulchra sling he just sits out all day so the rest will appreciate the addition
I’ll post a picture of a couple of my pampho set ups for those when I get home. The dimensions of what you have it in sound super similar to the sistema boxes. That sub level I can see looks ok for that specific enclosure. So you should be good for a molt or two.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
I’ll post a picture of a couple of my pampho set ups for those when I get home. The dimensions of what you have it in sound super similar to the sistema boxes. That sub level I can see looks ok for that specific enclosure. So you should be good for a molt or two.
Ok yes I would love to see a proper set up!! I can’t find much info online about this species. And good I feel a little better now! He’s such a character compared to my others always out moving around and best feeding response! He waves his arms charging at food I just adore him. So I’m happy I’m not making his life harder then necessary

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Oh just looked at sistema boxes lol I already had those in my cart!! Hahaha yeah I like the look of them and they have depth too