Getting my Singapore blue T today

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am told it is around 1 inch in size and is healthy. Only problem is that im paying 125 for it :S when they are sold for 145 at 6-7 inches in legspan. Am I being ripped off hard here?

Also, I have researched this species, I know they are fast, and I know they have a hard bite. I also know that the younger t's tend to burrow rather than be aboral. I am relatively new to raising T's this small. The smallest T that I bought was already at 2.5 inches, and is now at about 4 inches. What size tank would be appropriate for this new commer? Also, should i need it beaten up mealworms, or small beaten up crickets(beaten so they dont harm my T)

any comments would be helpful. I am soo excited!:)

Edit: I paid 110, and the guy offered to give me a free curly hair T, although i can no longer take anymore T's. (for the time being)

pics in less than 30 minutes

here:

:):):) im so happy i dont care i paid so much

Last edited:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
at 1" i feed small crickets and ill sometimes rip off the back legs. $125 for a 1" one is definately overpriced though. They used to be that price but now they are more like $45-55

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am told it is around 1 inch in size and is healthy. Only problem is that im paying 125 for it :S when they are sold for 145 at 6-7 inches in legspan. Am I being ripped off hard here?

Also, I have researched this species, I know they are fast, and I know they have a hard bite. I also know that the younger t's tend to burrow rather than be aboral. I am relatively new to raising T's this small. The smallest T that I bought was already at 2.5 inches, and is now at about 4 inches. What size tank would be appropriate for this new commer? Also, should i need it beaten up mealworms, or small beaten up crickets(beaten so they dont harm my T)

any comments would be helpful. I am soo excited!:)
I put one inchers in a jar because one of my 1" versicolors got escaped from a small critter keeper I just happen togo in there and catch it before it got away so you wanna be safe than sorry get a jar ( kind of like what the cricket feed made by flukers come in) so you can put holes in it first, some substrate and the spider...that should work... and i think the price you are getting is a good price because it doesnt cost as much as the higher priced ones because of its size..and those Blues are expensive anyway. imo

Iggy

Arachnopeon
At 1in I kept mine in the vials that they came in, the vials are 3.5in x 2in tall. I start them with about 1in or so of substrate (peat moss) and a small piece of cork bark set vertically. Then they will dig all of the substrate up into their webbing and make a mess. Give it small crickets one at a time and the next day if the cricket is still there take it out and try again in a couple of days. I have found that when mine were small they preferred to eat over night. I waited until they were about 2in before moving them into 8cup Rubbermaid jars. Hope that helps, Iggy

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm back, and i have it.It has been a long trip down to hamilton, but well worth it. I paid 110 for it.

any suggestions on substrate. Ive been using potting soil for my Avic. Avic, but i could use anything for him/her because it has no effect. My Costa rican tiger doesnt like the potting soil though, the burrows never hold out for more than a week, i had to give him a coconut hideout. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Peat moss works great.... or a mixture of peat moss and spagnum moss. And at that size he should stay in a big vial till he molts again. Most of the other containers are to big plus he can escape through vent holes..... you can make your own too as well.......... You can provice a small hide.....bark or something my slings sometimes burrowed but some did not. Congrats on the new T.

Ps next time shop around online you could have saved a bundle.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
peat moss compressed down always worked well for me, if you dont compress it, its too loose and will collapse

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, so its not eating the small 2 mm pinhead crickets i have been offering it, or small mealworm, ive been reintroducind food every 2 days but it just wont eat. any suggestions? How long is premolt for slings take? i fewel it is in premolt stage (hence the not eating part)

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, so its not eating the small 2 mm pinhead crickets i have been offering it, or small mealworm, ive been reintroducind food every 2 days but it just wont eat. any suggestions? How long is premolt for slings take? i fewel it is in premolt stage (hence the not eating part)
Leave it be for a week, then try again, a few weeks without food wont do it any harm....

Regards, Mike

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree, if it does not take food like that just leave it be, it does not take to many meals for a T of that size to go into premolt. Try offering food in a week or so.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is going to molt here soon, no doubt about it. Just make sure and keep the substrate in its container somewhat moist. You don't want to keep this species dry what so ever. Good luck.

Austin

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It moltedthe other day. looks double its size. I can already see blue. I hope this is a female. ill get pictures once i coak it out of its webtunnel.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know how much they sell for where you are, but in the UK we currently pay £15 approx for spiderlings and £60 for WC adults.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im in Ontario, Canada. shipping over the boarder is never a good idea. thanks anyways though!:)

The dealer who sold me this little guy has lost/ or is currently loosing over 70 percent of his shippment due to premature death. Its hard to get ahold of this species around here, hence the price. W/e I am happy.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yours is getting blue already? Does that mean you can SEE yours? I haven't seen mine since the day I bought it. That sling gives an entirely new meaning to the phase "pet hole".

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm back, and i have it.It has been a long trip down to hamilton, but well worth it. I paid 110 for it.

any suggestions on substrate. Ive been using potting soil for my Avic. Avic, but i could use anything for him/her because it has no effect. My Costa rican tiger doesnt like the potting soil though, the burrows never hold out for more than a week, i had to give him a coconut hideout. Any suggestions?
Another substarte you can use that holds moisture very well is vermiculite, this is what I use for all my arboreals. I keep my C. Sp. Blue on it and it has no problems burrowing. Congrats on your T:)