Getting my First sling...help!

JoeR

Arachnopeon
Ok, i have four T's already...
mexican red knee
chile rose
white stripe birdeater
and a chaco golden knee
but my friend just called me up and said ''hey, Guess what!? I just ordered you a sling from Sven Koeppler!!!''
Now i'm scared! all my T's are Juveniles and were bought as Juvies, i did look through this forum and come across the forum ALOT when researching new inverts, and i have noticed that y'all covet the search tool, well, i joined up and tried it out...guess what? freakin' search tool won't bring me to any threads on sling care:?:wall:
Anyways the sling he ordered me is a Brachypelma Albiceps(Ruhnaui) or ''Mexican golden redrump''
If anyone could let me know of any threads on sling care, housing, feeding etc i'd be very grateful:worship::)
And any general care on this Brachypelma species.
Thanks in advance,
Joe.
P.s it arrives next Friday so i am researching, researching, RESEARCHING!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Do you have the TKG? Anyways, you're so lucky that your friend would do that! Mine tried to slingshot one of the tarantula slings in its vial. Glad I stopped her before...anyways, my current collection of 4 tarantulas are all slings.

JoeR

Arachnopeon
Thanks Chris, i did google and found some good stuff after making the thread, and i know alot more now than 3 hours ago;)
I just wanted something personal from other keepers, but i've found that, thank you.

JoeR

Arachnopeon
Do you have the TKG? Anyways, you're so lucky that your friend would do that! Mine tried to slingshot one of the tarantula slings in its vial. Glad I stopped her before...anyways, my current collection of 4 tarantulas are all slings.
Sorry....TKG:?
Thank you i am!! although he can be a pain in so many ways haha:}
OMG! hahaha although it would look fun..it wouldn't be fun lol

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
TKG is the Tarantula Keeper's Guide. It's like a tarantula bible because ANYONE with a T should have it. It has all the information you need and more.

JoeR

Arachnopeon
TKG is the Tarantula Keeper's Guide. It's like a tarantula bible because ANYONE with a T should have it. It has all the information you need and more.
Hmmm, no i don't but i'd better get it, thanks!:D

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i wouldn't sweat it too much if you've already had other Ts, slings are fairly easy, imo (my collection is 3/4 slings :)). just keep up with the humidity a bit more since they shouldn't have water dishes until about 2".

as far as my slings go, i don't have an albiceps but all of the brachys i have (smithi, albo, vagans & boehmei) have been very easy slings. they are all good eaters and most will be inclined to burrow if you give them enough sub in their vial/deli cup. my biggest issue with them has been they are nervous u-hair kickers so be careful about that, but hopefully as with my boehmei, they will grow out of it as they get bigger.

JoeR

Arachnopeon
Thanks malevolantrobot :)
this is my mexican red knee (pic from yesterday)

I will post pics of the sling when i get him/her and it's enclosure for more tips/help :)

JoeR

Arachnopeon
Thanks all,
Well... i got my B.Albiceps and a L.Parahybana too!
My friend got a Salmon pink extra for free so i walked away with 2 slings lol
Heres pics of both they are teeny!

Salmon pink

Mexican golden red rump

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
You'd better be ready! If that b.albiceps grows as slow as my a.avic you'd better buy some patience!!;P

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Very cool JoeR - wish I had a few friends like yours that would just order Ts for me and inform me later :) - - anyway, congrats on the new additions.

JoeR

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys :)
Yeah i know it's going to be a looooooOooooooong wait lol
Thanks MusicWolf! Dropping hints always helps :D