Geolycosa vultuosa

huntsman

Arachnopeon
Awesome!! I guess there wolf spiders, i get heeps around
my house and there quick fellows. :eek:

revilo

Arachnoknight
yep. it's a geo. pic taken at a bad angle, spider not as compact as it appears in the photo. it has a big ole' dome of a head (carapace). i guess i did have another pic on aboards... http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=188777 the spider is so dark it's still a bad pic lol
hä,hä you exactly captured my mind. reason for my question was that the carapace-line was looking to flat on the other pic. but in the second link it's a little bit better to see that it's clearly elevated - and that the ventral patella (whats plural ? patelli ? damn i will say knees LOL) are light like it's typical in the genus. dark (black) ventral knees are typical for example in the genus lycosa and i think in hogna the same. this is a good possibility to distinguish them from geolycosa (together with carapace-line, eyes,...).

@ huntsman : yes, wolfspiders ! and man i really turn crazy next time because a lot of peoples here on arachnoboards live in countries where they have the nicest and biggest wolfies just around there houses :eek:
I WANT THIS THE SAME :wall::wall::wall:

why reglementation in the states and in australia ia as hard as it is ? nearly impossible to send some nice spiders over the sea...:(:(

bye, oli

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Wowzaa, those are some AMAZING photo's.. as usual. THANKS! We always enjoy reading your posts about Wolfiies! :D

- We'll be updating the boards here soon with our new finds and slings as well but I doubt they will even come close to these awesome specimens, LOL! We'll talk soon friend.. have a beautiful rest of the week! :]

revilo

Arachnoknight
thanks so much {D

i'm excited on your finds ! like everytime ! and - ts,ts,ts - YOUR wolfes are all the time amazing the same !
you too and a nice weekend of course...

bye, oli

revilo

Arachnoknight
@ jeff : didn't wanted to be impolite...

...but i simply didn't understood if you wanted something to know or if it's just a way of speaking you did ?!

i'm not good in colloquial speech :rolleyes:

bye, oli

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol no, its just a saying. I was just commenting on how amazing it looks for that small male to be grappling with the large female like that. Kind of a "David and Goliath" type of thing. Great pics :)

revilo

Arachnoknight
:p ahh, understand now...yeah, he's a good lover - no prob's with handle bbw's :}

Alokin

Arachnosquire
Excuse me i would like to ask you some questions good sir. I have a Geolycosa Vultuosa as well and i wonder what substrate do you use...cous atm im using dirt from the garden below my apartmant building but its tooo lumpy....:D I would like to switch to another substrate and im thinking sand...and i do have accses to a beach...does the beach sand work for them ? will they be ok? :sarcasm: