Genus Selenocosmia

Tropical T's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Selenocosmia vulpina

vulpina was apparently reclassified as crassipes but I have seen both and spoken with Steve Nunn and believe they are different species.

Cheers
Brendan

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
vulpina was apparently reclassified as crassipes but I have seen both and spoken with Steve Nunn and believe they are different species.

Cheers
Brendan

Whatever it is, it's gorgeous! What's that redspot on it's carapace.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow even more gorgeous. Very nice Steve Nunn. Are these species available in the US or will they ever be?

Tropical T's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Whatever it is, it's gorgeous! What's that redspot on it's carapace.
It is just a scar, a large number of aussie specimens that I collect have war wounds on thier abdomen or are missing limbs. While out collecting the other day I actually stood on a very venomous brown snake that had it's head down a burrow. Maybe it was looking for a feed but I am curious not suicidal so left it to it.
Also the photos do not do them justice, they have an olive tinge to the dorsal surface while being jet black underneath.
Cheers
Brendan

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are these species available in the US or will they ever be?
Hi,
No, unfortunately these ones are just too damn hard to find, in all the time I've known of these, very VERY few have turned up. They live in sympatry with P.crassipes, but only in tiny populations in isolated areas.

In a strange twist, there may end up some in the UK (only Nicola from the UK on these boards will have a future breeding pair, she's the only one who will possess this species and I have no intentions of exporting them in future). It's a long story as to how THAT happend! The specimens in question were sent out (by myself) as one of my breeding populations of P.crassipes (technically and legally this is accurate, as this species is currently in synonymy with P.crassipes anyway, not my intention, by lucky nonetheless). It was not until later, through some discussion with others more in the know than myself, that the strange population of "P.crassipes" are in fact a valid species, one already described many moons ago ;)

If Nicola is successful, than you may end up seeing them in the US!

Cheers,
Steve

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi,
No, unfortunately these ones are just too damn hard to find, in all the time I've known of these, very VERY few have turned up. They live in sympatry with P.crassipes, but only in tiny populations in isolated areas.

In a strange twist, there may end up some in the UK (only Nicola from the UK on these boards will have a future breeding pair, she's the only one who will possess this species and I have no intentions of exporting them in future). It's a long story as to how THAT happend! The specimens in question were sent out (by myself) as one of my breeding populations of P.crassipes (technically and legally this is accurate, as this species is currently in synonymy with P.crassipes anyway, not my intention, by lucky nonetheless). It was not until later, through some discussion with others more in the know than myself, that the strange population of "P.crassipes" are in fact a valid species, one already described many moons ago ;)

If Nicola is successful, than you may end up seeing them in the US!

Cheers,
Steve
Oh bummer. For some reason I knew that they were gonna be a rare type species. :eek: I hope Nicola gets these to successfuly mate, though they'll probably be quite expensive. I would love to own one of these one day. Anyways thanks for the info Steven.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Whoa that looks like a LCF peerboomi sling there rare as hens teeth them :cool:.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Dam I wish I had one!

instead of the couple of hundred Im stuck with!....Lucky I have some new bog plants eh.;)

All the best
Chris

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
when will we get some in the US?
As soon as some really nice American guy or girl emails me to buy some and the aranges the importort though those nice people at BTBE.:D

Hope they order the normal ones as well though :rolleyes:

No please please please do order them lol.
All the best
Chris

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
More's to the point what do these rare colour morph look like as adults Chris.

BTW: Chris is a 100% trustworth seller a pro :worship:.