Genus Holothele

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How many T's do you think you have had in your community at the height of its population?

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, I cannot really tell... it was not very scientific, I dumped a whole eggsac... eggsacs from H. incei usually have about 80 babies in them, at least pretty all the ones I hatched here was the case.

Community or communal is not really a good word, but not sure what else to use. They marely tolerate a bit more each other and the size of the terrarium dictates how many females there will be. I think there might be 3 to 5 females max. left in there which is not much.

Martin

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Still it had to be a pretty interesting experiment. When it came to feeding did you just drop in a couple dozen crickets and let the frenzy happen.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep! That is the most interesting part. Until recently the female was still feeding the babies. I think there has been a second sac since then, but I am not certain.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Interesting stuff Martin i'll have to come and check that :)

Edit : that gay mating is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
It would have been more interesting if those two males were actually fighting...

-Sean

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Martin,

Did the ones you found seemed to "live" like NDS or Aragua lives in captivity (not much silk, no borrow, etc.)
None had real burrows, but they did have some silken tunnels... much more silk than what we see from Venezuelan/Columbian non-patterned stock in captivity.

In certain areas, literally every single rock and log had Holothele under it. In fact, I counted at least 28 Holothele and 13 Cyrtopholis within 30 feet of my "tent" (and that's only counting larger specimens).

Eric

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In certain areas, literally every single rock and log had Holothele under it. In fact, I counted at least 28 Holothele and 13 Cyrtopholis within 30 feet of my "tent" (and that's only counting larger specimens).
Damn! I wish it was like that everywhere! Looks like you hit the jackpot!

Thanks for the info

Martin

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Martin,

They remind me a lot of "Aragua", beautiful spiders.

If you have the chance to take photos of the spermathecae please email to me!

Eric

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Eric,

They look really alike, in fact I was a bit surprised when I found it.

I am not sure yet if it is a female, I did not check the molt yet, will let you know.

Martin

Sceptic

Arachnopeon
How fast does Holothele sp. Norte De Santander grow from 1.instar to adult? I am concerned in males and females both.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Martin I think you should post some updates on your Holothele incei group! :}

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Holothele sp. 'Tachira'

After 47 days being bred, she finally did her thing. Even with a back lag missing she was able to do a sac.

Attachments

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Martin,

They remind me a lot of "Aragua", beautiful spiders.

If you have the chance to take photos of the spermathecae please email to me!

Eric
Eric,

Will not be possible as it is a mature male now.

Novak, there is not much to update on the H.incei tank, all is doing good in there, but nothing really new happening.

Take care

Martin

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Eric,

Will not be possible as it is a mature male now.

Novak, there is not much to update on the H.incei tank, all is doing good in there, but nothing really new happening.

Take care

Martin
Aw, I just wanted to see more pictures of that gorgeous setup and colony. :drool:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually, I just noticed that another sac hatched in there, a little army of slings are walking out of the mother's burrow!

Will try to take pics some other time

Martin