Genic molted -- definately female...right? PIC

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Howdy,
That genic looks mature enough to me and the gear is definately all there. There has been some talk for a while now that T's actually mature a lot sooner then once believed (I've noticed the same in the field). While there is no sure fire way other then production of an egg sac, I'd give it a go.

Cheers,
Steve

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how is her temprement aggressive like most of this species or are you one of the lucky ones with a docile one??

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spike
how is her temprement aggressive like most of this species or are you one of the lucky ones with a docile one??
IME, they aren't aggressive at all. They are somewhat nervous and as such, love to kick hairs. And their hairs do itch. My hands are suffering right now from that picture. So for that reason alone, handling isn't the best idea in the world.

This species has an appetite though. You don't want to put your hands down in its space unexpectedly. You are running the risk of being mistaken for a pinkie. So not aggressive -- hungry. When I have held it, I get it to climb my tanks walls and walk onto my hand. I do that with something long. I made the mistake once of trying to brush its back legs with my other hand. It got surprised and did a backwards corkscrew flip and almost tagged me. It pulled up at the last minute. I have been told that it pulled up because it can tell that I am not food.

Jon

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
jon--
she's a beauty! i wish my male genic wouldn't have died during his ultimate moult...we could have had an "arranged mating" between the two! it would've been perfect!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks. I have a little bit of a rash on my arm from letting Stryker climb on it.

I think that I'm gonna start looking for a mate for her pretty soon.

Jon

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to agree with Steve... I have seen some relatively small WC specimens drop egg sacks when I would have never suspected they were big enough to be mature. I am talking 3 to 4 inch Roseas here... it blew me away when 3 of them dropped eggsacks.