*generic A. Avic vent question*

RikkiStar

Arachnopeon
906BF63F-84FE-4C82-AB0E-D2436F92B3E8.jpeg im making my own enclosure for the first time and I’m trying to follow the example given here.

I just want to ask if these look to be enough vents on the side. They will be mirrored on the other 3 sides.

Just wanted to get checked before proceeding

Also disclaimer: will be sanded/cleaned before any animal goes in it. Just in case I need to say it lol .-.

Also the photo is sideways oops

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
That amount on both sides would be fine I think and a few in the lid.

I prefer to drill less but larger holes, depends on the size of spider

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Here’s my first attempt at making my own. It’s not super pretty but it’s better than the one from before ?
Looks good, I would add a water dish and then maybe glue some bark or leaves to the top so it can web it up a bit.

How big is the species going in?

RikkiStar

Arachnopeon
Here’s some more photos after the initial set up! I have a dish and plenty of stuff for the baby to web on. Also my cat is not super impressed with her her sibling....

(Please note cat gives no hecks about the spider at all and totally ignores it, just was a funny photo)

Edit: also note the pin holding the door is on the outside and isn’t gonna hurt the spood

Also good idea to add bark to some of the top. I have some shipping to me so I’ll add it in soon

Attachments