Geez! Cricket loses bowel control!

Maelstrom

Arachnopeon
Ok, this was rather odd today - I just put a smallish cricket into my b. vagans spiderling's container - a few minutes later the spiderling is all over it - and then while watching I notice that as soon as the spiderling bit it, a brown oozing substance seems to come out of the rear end of the cricket! ACK! I guess it just lost control - has anyone else seen this?:confused:

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Maelstrom
Ok, this was rather odd today - I just put a smallish cricket into my b. vagans spiderling's container - a few minutes later the spiderling is all over it - and then while watching I notice that as soon as the spiderling bit it, a brown oozing substance seems to come out of the rear end of the cricket! ACK! I guess it just lost control - has anyone else seen this?:confused:
hmmm... I wouldn't think that it is defacation per se... I think it's insect "blood" (official name?).

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yuck! Actually I've seen whitish stuff ooze out when I've killed them in the past.. it's pretty nasty. But I don't remember seeing brown.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think you have to much time on your hands.:} lol=D

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea, I've seen it.I get it whenever I pull on the female's Egg layer.

Maelstrom

Arachnopeon
:)

Heehee. I probably do have too much time on my hands.... actually its just that I've been avoiding working on paperwork today :)

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's the guts I have seen it. They have brown and yellow guts.

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I try to cut off their heads with a knife as they run around in the cage, and I missed once and stabbed it in the...abdomen? Not sure what you call it on a cricket. ;) Anyway, as it ran around, a brown dot of liquid formed where it was punctured. So I agree AlbinoDragon....I think it's blood.