GBB sling feeding.

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

I was wondering what you guys feed your slings? I have a GBB sling (2cm ish) and I've read (and seen) that they are mean feeders, and will go for anything. I have a standard box of crickets that I use for my PZB and avics and there are a few small crickets in the box (about 2cm) and I was wondering if I can feed these to my GBB sling? I just don't want the sling to get injured.

Cheers!

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think your sling will take them, but if small crickets are readily available, you may want to go with those in the future. That being said, my GBB has taken on some large prey items. Nothing too ridiculous, mind you, but these guys do have a feeding response like no other.

winwin

Arachnoknight
Out of all my Ts right now, i think my gbb sling is the most aggressive eater, with my a.genic a bit behind or tie at that spot. :) and yes try feeding it the cricket, i'm sure she can handle it. ;)

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
That's cool. I got these crickets before I got the sling and I did have some micro crickets but they died off really fast. I'll try give her one tonight. Looking forward to seeing her take one down! Thanks :)

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I put in a cricket larger than my GBB sling and he took that cricket down immediately. :) Same with the Trinidad Dwarf, the cricket was twice the same and wham, he was on it. Those slings are tougher than they look. :)

Suteytooty

Arachnopeon
Just fed her one now and she totally wiped it out. Before the cricket hit the ground she was on it! There was a bit of a struggle after she had it pinned down but it didn't have a chance. Deffo tougher than she looks! Thanks for your replys! Also, I don't know if any of you guys can help with this, but ive come back from a night and away and my aviv enclosure is covered in spider poop. Could she be ill?

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Just fed her one now and she totally wiped it out. Before the cricket hit the ground she was on it! There was a bit of a struggle after she had it pinned down but it didn't have a chance. Deffo tougher than she looks! Thanks for your replys! Also, I don't know if any of you guys can help with this, but ive come back from a night and away and my aviv enclosure is covered in spider poop. Could she be ill?
I doubt it - - Avics can be poop cannons . . . mine sure is. When she decides to go, it'll travel 2-3 feet and coat anything in the way :rolleyes: