GBB Sling Caresheet

Ijk24

Arachnosquire
Hello I was thinking of buying a GBB Sling and i just wanted some tips on how to care for them as slings

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Keep in a deli tub filled with dry eco earth with a small water dish. If too small then drop a couple of droplets water down the side of the vial/ tub every couple of days. Try to keep a moist half and a dry half. Feed every few days. This species does best in room temps with lower hunidity.

cold blood

Staff member
Keep in a deli tub filled with dry eco earth with a small water dish. If too small then drop a couple of droplets water down the side of the vial/ tub every couple of days. Try to keep a moist half and a dry half. Feed every few days. This species does best in room temps with lower hunidity.
Yep, pretty standard for most slings.

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What the others have said. Also, just a warning they tend to be quite skittish. I would try to leave it alone until it creates a nice amount of webbing to call home. Mine freaks out after rehousings until it has a nice web hammock to chill on. Also quite the hair kicker so watch out for that when it gets bigger.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
+1 to all above. Only addition I have, is to keep it larger than you would other slings, since they grow relatively fast. Add some twigs/leaves for webbing points.
Keep it predominantly dry.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
What I do is: (2 cm sling)
Small critter keeper
Bottle cap as waterdish
Some anchor points for it to web on (a small piece of cork and fake leaves)

And that's it
Feed it 1+ times a week and you'll have a nice happy sling

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Water dish, dry sub, plastic plants other cage furniture for anchor points for juvi to adults.

Slings typically require a bit more moisture at times. Though for my GBB slings I have never gone that route. I keep mine well fed.

This is an extremely hardy species, if one manages to kill this T one should own a pet rock from their backyard.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Very hardy. I'd go with a 16 oz deli container, water bottle cap for a water dish, and a small piece of wood and a little fake foliage. Or you can just go with a couple pieces of fake foliage if you don't have enough twigs, etc. The important point IMO is to give them some anchor points for webbing. They'll web much faster and IME be much less skittish if they can quickly build up a nice web home where they feel safe. As a sling I dribbled a little water onto the sub and webbing a couple times a week just to provide a little bit of extra humidity, though as @viper69 noted it probably isn't really necessary. Then once they get to the juvie stage, bone dry with a water dish.

cold blood

Staff member
What I do is: (2 cm sling)
Small critter keeper
Bottle cap as waterdish
Some anchor points for it to web on (a small piece of cork and fake leaves)

And that's it
Feed it 1+ times a week and you'll have a nice happy sling
A t of that size can walk right out of a KK. 1.75" is about where you should start to consider a KK (that's about 4.5cm).

+1 for @mistertim 's last post....exactly what I would suggest.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
yes.. a week or two and you'll post a thread on how to find a escaped tarantula..
It's been in there for 4 months

Maybe my holes are tighter? I don't know, I really can't picture it passing through those holes

I guess I'll switch to deli cups, better safe than sorry. Just got to find out how they are called :D

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
It's been in there for 4 months

Maybe my holes are tighter? I don't know, I really can't picture it passing through those holes

I guess I'll switch to deli cups, better safe than sorry. Just got to find out how they are called :D
no, yours looks even more spaced. youre lucky, rehouse asap. people call them KKs, we're all lazy.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
How many tarantulas do you need to change a lightbulb?
I'd say 0.25. (get it?)

Ijk24

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the advice do you have an idea on how I should keep the sling warm

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the advice do you have an idea on how I should keep the sling warm
Just keep the room itself around room temp. If you are comfortable in a t shirt then the T is fine. Turn on the heater in the room or use a space heater if needed