GBB Semi Arboreal Enclosure

Enki40

Arachnopeon
Has anyone here tried using a semi arboreal enclosure set up for a C. cyaneopubescens? I changed enclosures about a week ago and I set the new one up to be semi arboreal....she hasn't came down yet and has even started to web up high.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
semi-arboreal all the way
They come from dry scrubland where they web up low lying bushes.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Direct from Rick West who has been to Venezuela to see them firsthand, they web up the plant, yes, but they also have burrows at the back where they go to escape the heat. Not really arboreal.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Shame on those pesky GBB's for not fitting neatly into the arbitrary categories we create for them! Unbelievable... the nerve of some animals.

Den

Arachnosquire
They are SEMI. But they are better off in a terestrial encloser if you don't have a choice. A sling would do fine in a terestrial encloser. But as it grows be sure to put in some things for it to climb on.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just created these two enclosures this week after buying the two cages at a going out of business sale at a local petco. The one on the left is for my juvie GBB and she's already webbing up the upper right corner (and a little bit under the cave as well). it's a 10 x 10 x 12 high, and like I said she's still young.. The one on the right has nothing in it right now, since my arboreals are too tiny, and the rest are terrestrials.

She definitely shows signs of wanting to web high, though... Will need to take new photos, since this was immediately after I plopped her in there just to see how she took to it, lol.

Enki40

Arachnopeon
Thanx for sharing, great looking GBB...keep us posted.

I just created these two enclosures this week after buying the two cages at a going out of business sale at a local petco. The one on the left is for my juvie GBB and she's already webbing up the upper right corner (and a little bit under the cave as well). it's a 10 x 10 x 12 high, and like I said she's still young.. The one on the right has nothing in it right now, since my arboreals are too tiny, and the rest are terrestrials.

She definitely shows signs of wanting to web high, though... Will need to take new photos, since this was immediately after I plopped her in there just to see how she took to it, lol.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Those look really nice. How do you like the petco enclosures? I was checking one out the other day. Lots of cross ventilation.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They're nice, VERY light enclosures, but I do not recommend them for something other than an arboreal, really, and for something that's OK with 12" height. I do wish they opened in front instead of on the top, but for $10 dollars each (ON SALE for 60% off, that is, what with the going out of business sale) it was a good deal. I'd have bought more if they had more than two available.

The background was made using foam (that pink foam they sell at home depot), silicone, and a craft cement, and acrylic paint mixed in. Extra water added and multiple coats were put on it. I used sandpaper to add texture to some of it, and dry brushed lighter and lighter for the added effect...

This was actually my first attempt at doing a background like this, so I'm pleased with the results. It's smoother feeling than it looks, too.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
They're nice, VERY light enclosures, but I do not recommend them for something other than an arboreal, really, and for something that's OK with 12" height. I do wish they opened in front instead of on the top, but for $10 dollars each (ON SALE for 60% off, that is, what with the going out of business sale) it was a good deal. I'd have bought more if they had more than two available.

The background was made using foam (that pink foam they sell at home depot), silicone, and a craft cement, and acrylic paint mixed in. Extra water added and multiple coats were put on it. I used sandpaper to add texture to some of it, and dry brushed lighter and lighter for the added effect...

This was actually my first attempt at doing a background like this, so I'm pleased with the results. It's smoother feeling than it looks, too.

Can't beat that for $10. Background looks great. I'm sick of using great stuff and eco earth lol.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those backgrounds are just amazing! I wished I was creative enough to make those. Sadly my cage decor lacks any pazazz....:(

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This thread prompted me into taking a few pix, so I thought I'd show my GBB enclosure.

Enki40

Arachnopeon
Now that's tight dude :clap:!! What size enclosure is that?

I would like to see more enclosures for GBB's from members...hopefully this will inspire a few folks to show of some of their GBB enclosures....I love this species!!

This thread prompted me into taking a few pix, so I thought I'd show my GBB enclosure.