GBB not eating

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
its probably in premolt. just make sure it has access to water and leave it be till it molts. then wait about a week before offering food.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Ok thanks. I just got it on my birthday (sep. 14) so im still lerning it behavior.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I wouldn't worry about it too much. It has a nice plump abdomen so it should be fine skipping a meal or two. As Venom mentioned it could be in premolt so make sure it has access to a water dish.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Good luck.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I didnt think he should have a water bowl until he got bigger so ill have to get one soon

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I didnt think he should have a water bowl until he got bigger so ill have to get one soon
Slings can't drown (they can walk on water) so I add a water dish to all my enclosures. This ensures the T has access to fresh water anytime it needs it. I've used tiny caps for some of my smaller enclosures.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Here is a quick shot of a 1/4 M.balfouri slings 4 oz condiment cup with a tiny water dish in it. :)

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I cut down some water bottle caps to make them more shallow and added one to each enclosure. Thanks for clearing this up. I was told they would get enough water from their food. Gotta watch out for bad info i guess

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I cut down some water bottle caps to make them more shallow and added one to each enclosure. Thanks for clearing this up. I was told they would get enough water from their food. Gotta watch out for bad info i guess
They can get moisture from the substrate and from their food. For me though, if a water dish can be added in and cause no harm, while giving the benefit of your T being able to drink whenever it wants, then do so. I have had some Ts that, as far as I can tell, have never used their water dishes, but they have them in case they want to. I have also seen a number of Ts on here lost due to dehydration and that is a lot less likely when it has a filled water dish.

jaswong00

Arachnopeon
Ts typically go for a drink before they molt. My GBB went for the water dish a few days before it flipped over to molt.

Your GBB is very plumped! Exciting to see another 0.5" growth! :)

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Well guys my GBB just molted today. Its colors are much brighter now. When should I get that molt out of there

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'd wait a couple of days if removing the molt is necessary for sexing. You really don't want to disturb a soft postmolt spider ;)