GBB next T research.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hi

I have never given it any thought to sex him/her I refer to him as a boy as he's my favourite boy. As I've been reading stuff on here I'm realising that yeah if he is a he we might not have him for that long <sad face>
Well unless you molt sex it you wont know what sex it is. If you post a photo of it's pedipalps we could let you know if it's a mature male.

TheSmiths

Arachnopeon
W
Well unless you molt sex it you wont know what sex it is. If you post a photo of it's pedipalps we could let you know if it's a mature male.

Many thanks. Will read the forums on how to sex a T and have a look at its last moult. Fingers crossed he is a she.

Melanie

Arachnopeon
My GBB was my first T. Out of all of the T's that I have, she's (not sexed) the most active. She's always doing something wether it be webbing or pooping in her water. (she does it on purpose) Definitely more on the skittish side, which I've read is very normal.

AshS

Arachnosquire
Hi

Relatively new around here so

We got a GBB as our second T. Absolutely stunning to look at. Always out on display. The webs are AMAZING. He is my favourite. He's very active and eats so well. He's a real spectacle. We bought an adult and he is a great size as we wanted something big and beautiful to look at. We do not handle our T's at all but bringing him home when we bought him you could feel the weight of him. Hope you did get one and are enjoying yours as much as we enjoy ours.
Hi @TheSmiths. Welcome to Arachnoboards. Yes I did get my GBB in the end. And he (80% sure he is a he, just need a molt to confirm) is amazing webs like it's going out of fashion, when I feed him he hits his prey like a train.
And he's fast, like really fast. To the point where on two seperate occasions he has bolted out his enclosure, and ran across the floor before I could grab the catch cup. 20170626_142746.jpg

jaycied

Arachnoknight
My GBB is one of my favorites. Feeding response is fantastic except for when in premolt, colors are beautiful no matter what age, and they grow like weeds. I picked one up about 5 months ago now and it's molted 6! times already. I swear every other time I check on it it's in the middle of a molt. The other times I'm feeding it.