GBB Behavior Question

GBBslinger

Arachnopeon
My GBB has been nice and plump and hasn't eaten for close to, if not, a month now. I know that it is most likely Pre-molt.

MY main question is: He has been hiding underneath a piece of bark for weeks. Doesn't come out, and won't eat. Is this normal? I have read that they are usually very active and stay out in the open, and that was how he normally has been.

last time i had a question, everyone here was extremely helpful. Any advice people? Also any recommendations for housing? is this sufficient? IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0457.JPG

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Its pretty normal for T's to be less active, secluded and loose interest in feeding when in pre-molt which yours appears to be in the late stage of it... Once it molts out it should resume being its active self. I'd make sure the dish has water and leave it be till it does its thing. Be aware with that mesh vent T's are easily able to get they're tarsal claws stuck in-between the groves.

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It's normal. My C.cyaneopubescens sling stayed in the hide for two molts stright when it was smaller and always goes for cover when molting now. Give it some time and it'll be out and bigger before you know it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In the wild they may be found at the base of a plant using the leaves as walls for their burrow. No need to worry about this at all.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Yup, completely normal. Its definitely quite a change with GBBs as well as A. genics when they get slow and lethargic during premolt because they're usually such "out and about" spiders with incredibly voracious appetites. But the most fun is once its done molting and feeds for the first time afterwards...talk about attacking its prey!