G. rosea?

Tiger

Arachnopeon
Ok I got this spider about 6 mo. ago and that's exactly what it looks like. I would estimate that it's body is about 2 inches long to give you some type of refference to it's age. Now then it molted for the first time since it's been in My care yesterday. The thing that puzzles Me is that the tips of it's legs have a blueish color to them and I don't find that in any of the pictures of G. rosea's that I find. Any clue? btw My A. geniculata is growing like a weed. Man does that spider like to eat, fight and generally display the fact that it knows exaclty what it is. A spider with Big pointy teeth..!! excuse the Monty Python refference..

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
If it just molted, it probably will have a 'bluish' cast to it, my adult female did when she molted. Once her exoskelaton hardens, the color will probably disappear. All I can say about A genic, is I'm glad mine is 6" instead of 6' LOL!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tiger
Ok I got this spider about 6 mo. ago and that's exactly what it looks like. I would estimate that it's body is about 2 inches long to give you some type of refference to it's age. Now then it molted for the first time since it's been in My care yesterday. The thing that puzzles Me is that the tips of it's legs have a blueish color to them and I don't find that in any of the pictures of G. rosea's that I find. Any clue? btw My A. geniculata is growing like a weed. Man does that spider like to eat, fight and generally display the fact that it knows exaclty what it is. A spider with Big pointy teeth..!! excuse the Monty Python refference..
How about this? It's carapace and abdomen remind me of a Chilean Rose in its red phase. Maybe yours could be headed toward this:

http://birdspiders.com/archive/1/0075.htm

This is my best guess given your detail. Do you have a digital camera?

Big Dragonfly

Tiger

Arachnopeon
No I don't have a digital camera. And the blueish color has truned to black so it looks as it did before the molt. Thanks for the replies.