G. Rosea

james206

Arachnopeon
i have an adult female rosehair. i think she is around 3 or 4 yrs old and she has been webbing herself in her log and only coming out to eat or drink. and for the past 4 or 5 days she has webbed herself completly up and thickened it so u cant see in. so i peered in the back lol and she has webbed the whole inside and is standing in whats usually her eating pose and has webbed under her feet so much it looks like she is on plastic now. is this normal?

Ingar

Arachnopeon
There can be possibility to web up a "fake" cocon with nonfertilized eggs, if she fed enough. That sometimes happen to AF.. :)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have an adult female rosehair. i think she is around 3 or 4 yrs old
How big is this tarantula and who told you how old it is? At that age, I wouldn't necessarily call it an adult.

and she has been webbing herself in her log and only coming out to eat or drink. and for the past 4 or 5 days she has webbed herself completly up and thickened it so u cant see in. so i peered in the back lol and she has webbed the whole inside and is standing in whats usually her eating pose and has webbed under her feet so much it looks like she is on plastic now. is this normal?
This could be a molting mat, or it could be the beginnings of an egg sac. Is this a W(ild)C(aught) tarantula that has been recently purchased?