G.Rosea won't hide

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Rose Hair seems reluctant to use the burrow I created for it and seems to just sit out in the open. Is there possibly a way I can sort of coax her into using it?

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it's not broken don't fix it. There isn't really a way to make your rosie hide. If you recently got her, she just may need a while to settle in. Otherwise, if she is comfortable let her be.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
None of my G. rosea use a burrow and most peoples don't. If you want to give it a hide, buy a flower pot.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's not really a burrow more of an above ground tunnel i've created for her and she wont go in it at all.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She may, or may not use it. Like Chris mentioned above, none of mine have ever burrowed either. For my oldest rosea, I made a nice hide out of cork bark that mimics a rotten hollowed log , and she sits on top of it, lol. :D

And all of her molts have been on a molt bed that she makes in a corner of her enclosure, have never seen her burrow or try too.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G. rosea used a hide for a short period of time, but after a while just decided to landscape the whole enclosure over and over and over.

IME they don't need one but you should provide one anyway.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If she doesn't want to, then she doesn't want to. Rosies are notoriously temperamental. She knows what she's doing. No need to prod her and stress her out.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine has completly dug up the little substrate hide I made her, along with the plants and she rolls her waterdish around. They're just strange..

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think it's so funny that you WANT your T to hide. Most people are trying to encourage their T's to spend most of their time in the open so they can admire them !! :?{D

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just want her to act natural and feel comfortable. She's an animal not an object for entertainment.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have several and they vary rarely use the hide provided for them.They seem to be content being out in the open so i just leave them be.Plus it is always great for when you want to see them or check on them.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have 4 G. rosea and none of them use a hide or burrow except for the rare exception. The male RCF really likes to sit on top of his twisty log. Apparently the hide underneath is spider for "garbage can". That's where all his poop and bolus' end up.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I have 4 G. rosea and none of them use a hide or burrow except for the rare exception. The male RCF really likes to sit on top of his twisty log. Apparently the hide underneath is spider for "garbage can". That's where all his poop and bolus' end up.
Sounds like my couch. You could try using a stern voice.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Only in an emergency. I do hide my bolus' under there, though;)