G. rosea surprised! -gasp-

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, i got a surprise today! i reached in my hand to pick up my G. rosea and went to gently rub her back leg. well, even though she was aware of my presense she must have been nervous.

she swung around and lightly twapped me with her ever-so-soft! legs. :)

now, i realize this could've gone rather unhappily and i could've ended up with fang marks. however, i didn't.

so, i was like, oh, damn, i'm sorry! and have left her alone.

anyway, i was definitely surprised and actually kind of flattered that she only warningly twacked me.

besides, so soft. :D

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My G.rosea and B.smithi both do this front-kicking attack when suprised. It's funny when they boot a cricket across the tank.:)

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. Rosea does this all of the time. I love it when she plays soccer with the crickets and the crickets are always surprised that they are the ball.=D

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
gets your heart racing doesn't it? :D

This is the part where someone will remind you how these are basically wild creatures...unpredictable...blah...blah...blah

but seriously, don't assume it will be so gentle next time and be careful.

Jeff

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
honestly i should've been much more sensitive to her posture. i do keep snakes and birds and both of them are much more wild animals than domesticated.

bad me. :( well, she gave me a gentle lesson, so for that i will be grateful.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Awwww, how totally adorable!!! Have you signed her up for the local soccer team yet!!:D

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
no, not yet, she's still a little young and i haven't found anyone near her skill range! :D