G.rosea sac disaster?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Hello all,

So today I discovered that exactly 5 weeks after laying it, my G.rosea split her egg sac. We salvaged 25 eggs-with-legs from the sac. With any luck, these will survive. I'm not overly optimistic.

Cheers,
Dave

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good Luck..I just lost a seemani eggsac. Do you know how long after breeding a rose they usually lay the eggsac.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Augh! Sorry to hear that Dave. I hope for the best with the salvaged eggs.

Atrax

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Hello all,

So today I discovered that exactly 5 weeks after laying it, my G.rosea split her egg sac. We salvaged 25 eggs-with-legs from the sac. With any luck, these will survive. I'm not overly optimistic.

Cheers,
Dave
Good luck, Dave. If you save any at all, you're still ahead of the game as far as propagating G. rosea is concerned!

Joy

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck.
Being developed enough to be in the eggs with leggs catagopry improve any chances of saving them?
I hope you can save some. I'll keep my fingers and all my other crossables crossed for ya.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks everyone.

Surfin: This particular female was last bred on September 4th. So that means just under 6 months.

Atrax: Well, they were moving their legs slightly, so we'll see.

Joy: I have four females and one male right now, so I'm hardly giving up on this particular game. ;)

Nixy: I'm sure that the further developed they are, the better. I was told by Immortal Sin that the first 30 days were the most critical and I passed that date. That being said, I am not overly hopeful.

Cheers,
Dave

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Good Luck with your baby rosies! we can use more of those in the hobby, they are hard to come by, who knows maybe in the future someone will say: "YOU HAVE A ROSEA! LUCKY!" who knows?

James

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
I have four females and one male right now, so I'm hardly giving up on this particular game. ;)
What a lucky guy!

Bill

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SHD,

I had a similar incident with my G. rosea and an egg sack. Right now I've got about 50 or more eggs in a make-shift incubator. They were about 3 weeks old at the time and I'm not sure if any will make it yet, but they haven't gone bad yet either. Time will tell.

Botar

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Botar,

Only three weeks? That's even worse than mine. How long has it been since then?

Cheers,
Dave

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has anyone been able to leave the eggsac with a captive G. rosea successfully--as in, without having her destroy it and the spiderlings survive?

kellygirl

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, we now have 1 egg-with-leg left and 7 who have undergone or are currently undergoing moults. We'll see.

Cheers,
Dave

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks for the update Dave...looks like you're doing something right!
There is a great deal of satisfaction to be had from salvaging eggs that mom decided to trash. It's nice to see a payoff from all the hard work!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, today we've got 7 squirming little spiders and 1 egg-with-legs that I'm almost sure is dead.

Cheers,
Dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow dave at least you got some babies from your G. rosea. Funny how one of the most available tarantulas can be so tricky to breed. I still have hopes for a G. rosea egg sac, time will tell I guess.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Has anyone been able to leave the eggsac with a captive G. rosea successfully--as in, without having her destroy it and the spiderlings survive?
On day 74 i came home to find Her eggsac , what looked like to be abondon on the side of the cage. I cut it open to find 224 live and healthy babies with about 20 or so bad eggs.:) Heres a pic after i seperated them all. It took me about 6 hours to do this. good luck with the babies that you have dave.

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Bet you that was a thoroughly enjoyable six hours, though. I'm glad to hear that someone did it -- what actualy became of those young? I figure I have four mature females and a male still and I should have no problems getting ahold of males in the future. I am 23 and have no intention of stopping now -- so I'll get it someday. :)

Cheers,
Dave

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Because Bry had to bring up s'ling size in the curlyhair s'ling thread, I figured I'd post this pic of one of the s'lings about a week ago.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Great pic Dave, but can you put one next to a real quarter? ;)

Bill