G. Rosea premolt?

Armoworrior

Arachnopeon
Ok I have a slight situation fizz my gramostola Rosea is doing some really weird things. Not that she isn't weird to begin with. But she is is closing up the enterance her hide as we speak. I'm thinking she is either in premolt or maybe something else. She has been rubbing her abdomen a lot. Maybe she is making a sack or something

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could well be preparing to molt. If you've recently got the T from a pet-store, then it's possible there's an eggsac on the way (assuming it's an adult T). It's also possible that your rosea will emerge after an indeterminate amount of time without having done either. G. rosea seem to do their own thing in their own time :D.

I'm afraid all you can do is wait for your T to open it's door and see what's happened.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Do pet stores sell gravid females??? My rosea (Mary Rose) is a big plump girl... hopefully NOT gravid!

Marga

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I've heard of wild caught ones being gravid right from the pet store. I am hoping mine isn't! She hasn't eaten since I got her back in August.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do pet stores sell gravid females??? My rosea (Mary Rose) is a big plump girl... hopefully NOT gravid!

Marga
Yeah.. Petstores sell gravid females.. I have had 2 females drop a sac.. They were bought from the LPS...
I've heard of wild caught ones being gravid right from the pet store. I am hoping mine isn't! She hasn't eaten since I got her back in August.
I can almost garuntee yours is not gravid.. From the photos.. Give it another month or two.. She will flip over and give you a molt.. ;)

Armoworrior

Arachnopeon
well ive had her since a little before April. she has always been a little strange. i think after she does what ever she is trying to do. i'm going to hide the burrow from her and hopefully she digs it out. make this a whole learning experce for her. but only after she recovers though

Armoworrior

Arachnopeon
So she has very light colored joints she is very slow moving. I hope she is about to molt