G. rosea molt question

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
my rosea is about to molt. i see the mirror patch and it has darkened within the last 2-3 months i'd say, maybe longer. she's pretty big, about 5.5 inches, and i was wondering how much longer she has to go. i ask this because i noticed when i looked underneath her (around the joints) that between the joints is very white, like the old exo is about to pop off at any time. is this a sign that's its about to come off VERY soon?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
joints are typically white at all times...at least on the T's I've owned.

At that size...it might be a few weeks to over a month...no way to tell. Don't worry too much, just let it be, no way to tell when it will molt until you come home from work/school/whatever one day and you have two T's when before you had one :D

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
joints are typically white at all times...at least on the T's I've owned.

At that size...it might be a few weeks to over a month...no way to tell. Don't worry too much, just let it be, no way to tell when it will molt until you come home from work/school/whatever one day and you have two T's when before you had one :D
yeah, typically white, but it looks really milky white and thick, almost like you can see that thick exoskeleton... but it will probably only be another week or two (hopefully)!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, most likely aweek or alittle longer,if the patch is already darkend,if you see alittle clear liquid around the joints it could be anyday,but ya never know:)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think you're all way underestimating. That's a big rosea, and they're already notorious for being in premolt for months and months at a time.

It'll molt when it molts, dude. Chill. :cool:

(Also my rosea has white visible joints at all times, as does my GBB. Means nothing.)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Has she stopped accepting food? Mine stopped eating about a month before actually molting last week. If you see her weaving a thick molting mat in one corner of the enclosure or in the hide that means it's imminent.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Prepare for a shiny new spider then coz it sounds like a moult. Congrats! :D