G. rosea itching?

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well my g. rosea sometimes when i put a pen or something to test what mood shes in, she will move her butt to the side and use her back leg to itch it, or thats what it looks like. and i have been seeing her itch her back befor, and now its itch it more and more. but when i put the pen in its, all most like shes freaked out, so i just leave her alone. is it a molt coming soon? :? or is she just in a bad mood.

Dustin

Arachnopeon
it dont like the attention and is flicking urticating hairs at you if you dont know about them hairs id read up on them if i were you

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes, that's it - she's flicking urticating hairs. this is a sign that she is annoyed - and will lead to a bald butt if she does it often. it's a natural defense mechanism most nw ts use. the bald butt is not pretty, but not in any way harmful to your t. maybe you just should not annoy her so often, if she flicks hairs this stresses her out.

plus, there is a chance that you will develop an allergic reaction to urticating hairs if you are exposed very often. when i got my first t, i never felt a thing, but developed a really bad itch-with-associated-skin-irritation thing over the years. now i have to use gloves to clean out the tanks and rehouse excessive hair kickers.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well my g- rosea NEVER kicked hairs at me but my b - smithi is a bad kicker so you never can tell and i use gloves with ALL my ( t ) :clap: :) ;) --- phil

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
why does she do it, when i am not even trying to handel her like in her cage. i have been watching her and she just seem to be doing it alone too. I know to leave her alone if she does that I give her a long, long break if she does that. thats why i use a pen so she will not get me.{D

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even though you're using a pen, the hairs could become imbedded in your skin and cause a reaction. That isn't the worst of it, either-- they could become lodged in your eyes or you can breathe them in ( I know someone who this happened to, it wasn't pleasant!) So be careful and don't keep your face directly over a kicking T!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
why does she do it, when i am not even trying to handel her like in her cage. i have been watching her and she just seem to be doing it alone too. I know to leave her alone if she does that I give her a long, long break if she does that. thats why i use a pen so she will not get me.{D
T's can kick to reinforce their web/territory/hide with the barbs. Imagine in the wild if a small rodent is out looking for a meal, finds the nest of a T and is sniffing it's way to the T but - then gets all those nasty barbs into it's nose, possibly eyes or lungs. They will most certainly go away and not come back for a good while. With other words, it's a pre-emptive defense mechanism so to speak.

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Even though you're using a pen, the hairs could become imbedded in your skin and cause a reaction. That isn't the worst of it, either-- they could become lodged in your eyes or you can breathe them in ( I know someone who this happened to, it wasn't pleasant!) So be careful and don't keep your face directly over a kicking T!
i wasn't planing on it, once i she her in the bad mood like that i back off fast.

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
T's can kick to reinforce their web/territory/hide with the barbs. Imagine in the wild if a small rodent is out looking for a meal, finds the nest of a T and is sniffing it's way to the T but - then gets all those nasty barbs into it's nose, possibly eyes or lungs. They will most certainly go away and not come back for a good while. With other words, it's a pre-emptive defense mechanism so to speak.
thanks that was what i wanted to know.. see i thought it was the hairs, but i had no clue why she was doing by her self in her cage. thanks agian.