G Rosea humidity level

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
so i searched AB and found SEVERAL opinions on what to keep G Rosea's humidity at. what works best? and is there a different level you should keep them at for breeding?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just have bone dry substrate with a waterdish that'll work even for breeding.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'd say even less than 40% given that these Ts live in the desert where it is arid. as mentioned before, bone dry substrate and just a water bowl. mine throws a fit when any water is added to the substrate, that includes spillover from overfilling the water bowl. the rosie is crazy.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
yeah, i kinda noticed mine doesn't like it too much either... thanks for the help.

my_dead_valenti

Arachnopeon
yea mine is a snob, it has to be dry or she stays on her log, felt like she wanted me to get the hair dryer and sort it out once,lol.
they are are a curious lot. could write a book about the weird stuff they do.

oh yea mine keeps digging, then digging another bit, then starting another place. has anyone else had that sort of thing happen. she looked like she meant business last night, but then gave up like usual and lolligaged on the other side.{D cute as hell though

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh yea mine keeps digging, then digging another bit, then starting another place. has anyone else had that sort of thing happen. she looked like she meant business last night, but then gave up like usual and lolligaged on the other side.{D cute as hell though
yeah, mine has done that before. it hasnt done any digging for quite awhile though. it used to dig all over the place. it would really like digging around the water bowl and fill it up with peat moss. other times it would dig and create a little cave and stay there for a few hours and then move and make another cave. it is so retarded some of the things that my rosie does.

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, this is a very polemic subject (humidity) and I must say that G rosea is from dry areas but they also can be found in a lerge piece of land that includes some areas that have a medium air humidity, sokeep my enclosure to the dry side but I over fill the water dish and often see her in that particulary part of the enclosure, she seems to enjoy a bit of humidity.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i had my one very dry and humidity about 40 - 50 and she was one very happy ( t ) lol -- phil

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i don't have a humidity temp thingy, but i just have mine on potting soil. she doesn't mind.
they are weird, tho. :)

xrickus

Arachnopeon
I keep my G. rosea sling on dry substrate.
It gets really mad if I overspill the water dish, it goes on the wall and it waits for the substrate to dry up. :?