G rosea couple...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
enjoying a meal of cricket delight.
This is Vayu Son's male and my female, they have been co-habiatating for about 3 weeks now. He is usually behind the cork bark on the left side. They seem to mostly ignore each other, now that I've witnessed them mate on 3 separate occasions. I have no idea if they are still mating or not, but I have seen evidence of new sperm webs.

Edit...It would help if I actually ATTACHED the picture ;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here they are

guess I can't add a pic in Edit

Last edited:

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Re: here they are

Looks like they are having a standoff ;)

Just out of curiosity, it appears that one of them is the red phase of G. rosea, and the other the brown/grey morph. What are the chances of the offspring inheriting the red morph, or is it there in all G. rosea eggsacs sporadically?

Bill

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
yes, it looks a bit funny from above, but they were both doing the 'happy food dance' LOL
I've heard that even mating two brown morph G rosea can produce red morph in the eggsac...I'm not sure about the chances of how many reds to browns though. Be interesting to find out (hopefully) if I get an eggsac!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
I'd agree, it will be interesting to see how the offspring turn out. I hope you get lots of them, Holley, though perhaps not so many as with the albos! Is that a Rubbermaid container you're keeping them in?

Joy

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
no kidding Joy!
Yes, it's a Rubbermaid, long and low. I cut out the middle of the top, and hot glud screen material in. So the lid still latches, but the ventilation is great. It's nice and dry, the way they seem to like it. I just keep a waterbowl (or two) filled at all times.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pic, Holley!

I could never leave the male Botar loaned to me in with Viva, she's tried to kill him immediately after every mating (four "successes" so far). The other night she had him lifted entirely off the ground and was trying to get her fangs into his abdomen.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Galeogirl, I was kinda worried myself...but I had had them shark caged from day one. Maybe it was they are now used to each other..I'm not sure.
I do know, however, that after mating them the times I witnessed it, I had to help the male escape. I don't know if they are mating now or not. The male seems to spend a huge amount of time behind the cork bark. The female bascially stays on her own side of the container. I've never seen either one of them anywhere near the other.
It's an experiement (with Vayu's permission of course!)

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
seems like the possible pairing between my male and the guy from the MOPAR forum has fallen through.........my male moulted (ultimate) back in June so he might not have long to go.......hope you gals have success breeding yours....