G.Rosea and enclosure

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is "Lucy", my G.Rosea, and her enclosure. She's my first T, and I've had her for 2 months.

I'm getting my baby T's tomorrow, and am so excited !!

Last edited:

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's certainly aesthetically pleasing, however, it's dangerous for your spider. If she climbed to the top, or even halfway up and fell, there is a strong chance she could rupture her abdomen. The general rule is that there there should only be 1.5x her body length for her to climb. Like I said, it's a gorgeous tank, but I would hate to see the spider fall and die due to too much climbing space.

Cass

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with Cass- great looking setup (i'm jealous!), but not the safest for Lucy, for the reasons Cass mentioned. She is a beautiful spider though. :D

That setup would be perfect for a GBB, if you decided to get one...

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
maybe get something that likes hieghts a bit better hehe

but wonderful looking enclosure none the less! :D

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah after learning everything I have about Roseas and other T's from this forum I'm busy making a more suitable house for Lucy. The tank is only 30cm high - do you suggest no background things she can climb up onto ? I saw an awesome desert like enclosure on the forum and would like to copy that.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's not so much the background, because as proven by that last picture, they can climb the glass as well. You could have a background but since the terrarium would be filled mostly with dirt, a background would be pointless IMO.

GBB stands for Green Bottle Blue - scientific name Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens.

Cass