G.Pulchra

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have had a 3" Grammastola pulchra since last october. She is starting to be lethargic and will hardly move,stopped eating (she always ate well). Her bald spot asn't turned any darker.

I wonder if shes about to moult ?

I have no moult record of her, How often would a G.Pulchra of this size moult ?
Or do they just show the wierd behaviour patterns of the rose hair.

Chid

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by chid
I have had a 3" Grammastola pulchra since last october. She is starting to be lethargic and will hardly move,stopped eating (she always ate well). Her bald spot asn't turned any darker.

I wonder if shes about to moult ?

I have no moult record of her, How often would a G.Pulchra of this size moult ?
Or do they just show the wierd behaviour patterns of the rose hair.

Chid
I'm not an expert but it does sound like your tarantula's about to molt to me. As with all the suggestions I've been getting, you should increase the humidity and keep feeding to a minimum. Plus you should just watch and observe for awhile. Everything should turn out alright.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey,
I remember Code Monkey once said (I'm paraphrasing, of course) that G.Pulchras like to go a while without eating, so you assume it's going to moult, and while you're waiting for this to happen, it's appetite suddenly comes back and you go another month before molting actually occurs. So, perhaps your pulchra is in this phase of 'pretend molt' and it will start eating and moving about soon once again. i have a g.pulchra myself, and though i've never seen the behaviour you describe, mine is also significantly younger than yours is.
Below is a moult record that an owner kept of his G.Pulchra. I copy and pasted this from a site somewhere. i don't know who the person is (i don't even remember the site) and I in no way state that the information i'm giving is accurate of a g.pulchra life cycle. i just assume it is.

Moulting
A G.Pulchra owners’ moult history:
Bought: 11/10/2001 Size: 1 1/8 Inches
Molted: 12/07/2001 Size: 1 3/8 Inches
Molted: 01/14/2002 Size: 1 3/4 Inches
Molted: 02/23/2002 Size: 2 3/8 Inches
Molted: 04/08/2002 Size: ???
Molted: 10/08/2002 Size: ???

Anyway, hope it helps. Code Monkey, maybe you can elaborate more thoroughly.
Paul