G. pulchra

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Hey AGAIN :D

OK so my little guy/girl was doing well with me and eating well and then on Monday s/he webbed over its hide and Tuesday s/he blocked it up with sub. I thought it was probably in prep for a moult. However s/he last ate on Saturday. I assumed s/he would not eat for at least a week before? I'm really just after some reassurance that s/he would be OK in its little hide?

What would you pros advise?

Zoe x

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Mine has eaten all the way to the actual molt. it is now ~2" prob a little more but it wont come out of hiding & I don't want to disturb it.
All in all I wouldn't worry they know what they want.
BTW how big is it?

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Nothing to worry about. Every spider is different, I have some that fast for weeks before molting, and some that eat and then molt the next day.

Your spider knows what it's doing, just leave it be, and make sure it has water (depending on size, either a little bit of dampened sub in a corner, or a water dish if big enough.) It will come out when it's ready.

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Excellent thank you that's what I thought, I just love this little one (approx. 1") and you can't help but be protective :D

puck4u

Arachnopeon
my 2 cents

Went through the same thing with mine....Totally closed off its hide. Stayed in for about a month before showing off the new suit :clap: The urge to move the hide was unbearable at times, but I never did:cool: Just wait, it knows what it is doing. Maybe it just wants the curtain closed while it changes clothes {D

webbedone

Arachnobaron
This is perfectly normal mine entombs itself everytime it goes for a molt and then stays in there for another 2 weeks after a molt

After3Days

Arachnosquire
same cased with my G.pulchra before, if I were the T, i would say, "Ill be just fine, pretending im not, see you soon when im hungry." :)