G.pulchra sling feeding

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've fed this little guy (1 inch) a cricket leg and 2 crickets already, each nearly as big as he is (partially squished of course for no struggle) and its abdomen is huge, looks as if i fed it any more it would burst. Should i lay off for a bit or keep feeding as long as it will eat?

thanks for any info, just paranoid and have never looked after a sling before,

Mark

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. pulchra (1 1/2) looks just the same way. It's had about 7 crix his size already. :) Haven't had a problem with it yet, I assume they are smarter than goldfish in the sense that they won't overeat to the point of death. So I just keep feeding as long as he keeps eating. If you're worried, you can hold off, as it surely won't bother it. ;)

Good luck with your sling

-LT

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's really up to you. It definitely wont burst if you feed it more , but by the same token its not going to starve if you wait a couple of days. Some people feed their slings as much as they will eat with no ill effects. Where as others have a schedule of twice a week or something of the like.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bjorgly,
Peso was/is the same way. Before he moulted he ate everything I offered. The only times I have ever seen him/her turn down food was when he/she was in pre-moult. Now out of the moult, he ate a cricket as large as him (you can see the post somewhere a few pages back) on thursday, and he ate again on saturday. I'm going to try another feeding today. Of course, this has no bearing on you, and I'll say what everyone else says: feed when you want, the spider won't over-eat. I personally choose to feed Peso somewhat often because we all know Pulchras take their time growing up :)
Paul

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just waited a day then threw in a nice large cricket which i mamed so there would be less of a struggle for the little guy. I feed him/her well and keep the temp at 75-83 degrees....how long do you all think until it molts?

Thanks alot

Mark