G. Pulchra sex

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would lean way toward female, though that is an odd looking band on the epigynum. Clearer pics would be a great help.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would have to say look at the molt and look to see if there are any spermathacae. It just molted didn't it? Better yet, take a picture of the molt. I think we'll be able to help you out that way.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha, a second to late. If I see what I think I'm seeing I'd say female.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Female. I think I see the flap in the molt, but that band on the ventral already had me thinking that.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys, I remember when I got her about a month and half ago, she was sold to me as unsexed but I new it was a female just from the pic, and of course ya'lls wonderful expertize on these things just made my day. I have another Female, so if I did get rid of her it would be for a Peterklaasi. but as of now, I have no intentions of getting rid of her.
Thanks again,
Justin

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks guys, I remember when I got her about a month and half ago, she was sold to me as unsexed but I new it was a female just from the pic, and of course ya'lls wonderful expertize on these things just made my day. I have another Female, so if I did get rid of her it would be for a Peterklaasi. but as of now, I have no intentions of getting rid of her.
Thanks again,
Justin
Good! :clap: You are definately lucky to have 2 female Grammostola pulchra. I hope atleast 1 of my 3 G.pulchras turn female..:rolleyes:

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After reading this thread, it seems females are valuable. Why?
Well for one they are very hard to find in general Male or Female, two, they take forever to grow, and they live long, my other female is 6 plus inches and is around 9 years old. they are hardy (heavy) and docile... not to mention the color, very velvety black. and of course being females they get bigger, theres one thing I hate and thats looking at a male T. with the carapace, thats bigger than the abdomen... anyway thats my two cents on why I think they are valuable.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well for one they are very hard to find in general Male or Female, two, they take forever to grow, and they live long, my other female is 6 plus inches and is around 9 years old. they are hardy (heavy) and docile... not to mention the color, very velvety black. and of course being females they get bigger, theres one thing I hate and thats looking at a male T. with the carapace, thats bigger than the abdomen... anyway thats my two cents on why I think they are valuable.
Exactly what he said, and it applies for all species. Everyone wants females because they live longer. Males are just used for breeding.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Besides what everyone else said about the G. pulchras... demand right now far exceeds the supply so the value goes up as the supply goes down. Apparently they are not yet successfully bred on a regular enough basis to fullfill the needs for the demand.

electra

Arachnopeon
I have one, sex unknown, and I posted a pic a couple of days ago in the Epiandrous fusillae sexing section, could you take a look and let me know what I have. And if I did want to bred it, who would you recommend talking to. Thanks.