G. Pulchra Questions

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK, I ordered a G. Pulchra sling about 1" and I have a couple questions. Ive done some research and realized that they are pretty easy to keep, just basically the same as a G. Rosea. About 6" of substrate, a hide and a waterdish seems to be all it will really need as an adult. As a sling ill provide some moisture so it can drink.

My main question is basically if im right in this information. My only other question is how large do they get as adults? Ive read everything from 5" up to 8" (which i dont think is correct). Anyone know roughly how large they are as adults?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
About 6" of substrate, a hide and a waterdish seems to be all it will really need as an adult.
You've pretty much got it right, although I need to nitpick your substrate height. It's not that it needs a certain amount of dirt, but the dirt is dependent upon the height of the enclosure. If you have a two-inch legspan spider, the distance from dirt to ceiling should be no more than 2.5 or maybe 3 inches. This goes even for the tiny deli cup or whatever that your 1" sling will be living in at first.

My only other question is how large do they get as adults? Ive read everything from 5" up to 8" (which i dont think is correct). Anyone know roughly how large they are as adults?
I've always heard five, maybe six for a big one.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea, I always make sure the height is very limited for terrestrials. I should have written that also. Thanks though.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen a lot of 6.5'' inches G. pulchra, and maybe some about 7'' inches too.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have several large females. The largest is 11 years old and I would estimate that she is about 6".

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks everyone for your replies. 6" is perfect size. I cant wait till my little sling is grown up, but Im guessing im gonna have to wait quite a few years anyway :rolleyes:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have several large females. The largest is 11 years old and I would estimate that she is about 6".
Judging by your name, I wouldn't doubt that.:cool:

How many females do you have? I wish I would have bought some females when I had the chance..:eek:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, im hoping mine turns out female, many many years from now i guess ill know ha.

If its male ill just try my hardest to get it bred.

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks everyone for your replies. 6" is perfect size. I cant wait till my little sling is grown up, but Im guessing im gonna have to wait quite a few years anyway :rolleyes:

Yep, they are VERY slow growers. I have 2 and one has just molted after nearly 1 year and turned out male <sigh> but not all is bad, at least he can go out on dates ;)

Renee

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have 2 adult females and 1 immature male. The larger of the females is appoximately 6 inches. I purchased the 1 female from e-spiderworld as an adult. The other female is just about 5 inches and I raised her from a 1 inch spiderling. It took about 4 years to get her to that size. The male is about 4 inches and I raised him from a 1 inch spiderling. It's taken him a little over 3 years to get to his current size and I am hoping that he will mature with this next molt.
Good luck with the G. pulchra. They are one of my favorite new world spiders.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good luck with your little sling~ I cant wait to get mine either. Is SSW shipping yours on Monday? Keep me updated with how its doin after you get it

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry i didnt respond earlier. Ill definately let you know how it is doing. I spoke to Joel over the weekend and he said it would be shipped out today.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is my big female, if she's had her front leg stretched out a bit I'd say she was maybe pushing 7.5" legspan.