G.pulchra ... (problem?)

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G.pulchra is about molting (at least she supposes to be, since last time she molted 2 years ago).
She looks and behaves like textbook molting process - not eating since few months, not much moving lately and also she prepared the web carpet.
But today I remarked two drops of liquid between carapace and abdomen!
Never seen it in my T's and starting to worry ... should I? :?
Here's the photo where you can see clearly those two drops:

Attachments

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she dont look good. How did that happen? Just leave her alone and hope she will get better

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have seen this a few times with Ts that are in heavy premolt and very overdue for that molt. All that is, is the lubricant that is produced to aid in getting her out of the old exo. This also means that you should tuck her away somewhere quiet and dark and she should molt within the next 24 hours maybe 48 at the most. Check on her sparingly and hopefully she will be sporting a brand new body soon!

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Of course, i don't touch her and she's in very quiet and dark place.
Just hope it's really the lubricant since there's no way she gets hurt in the terrarium (no high-climbing, no crickets around...).

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It can be an alarming thing to see, the first time I saw it was with a Haplopelma lividum, and I really thought she was bleeding to death. You can sometimes see it occur by the knee joints as well. But that yellowish hue is indicative of the lubricant not blood.

Keep us updated!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Of course, i don't touch her and she's in very quiet and dark place.
Just hope it's really the lubricant since there's no way she gets hurt in the terrarium (no high-climbing, no crickets around...).
even if that's not the lubricant, that liquid doesn't mean she got hurt. T blood(forgot what it's called:wall: ) is not clear, it's more of a yellowish color.

Good luck, I hope she has a nice new outfit for you in the upcoming days.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It actually has more of a bluish clear looking color.
Do Ts have different color blood? My Aphonopelma seemanni(lunged out of enclosure and fell) and MM Grammostola rosea(attacked), MM Aphonopelma chalcodes(attacked) all bled yellowish liquid. Not the VIBRANT YELLOW like on this smiley :} , but more of a suttle dull yellow.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have wondered that myself, I have seen slight color differences in some but all of the T blood I have seen has had a bluish tint to it. Maybe it changes color when it hits the air like ours does. I haven’t the foggiest idea actually.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do Ts have different color blood? My Aphonopelma seemanni(lunged out of enclosure and fell) and MM Grammostola rosea(attacked), MM Aphonopelma chalcodes(attacked) all bled yellowish liquid. Not the VIBRANT YELLOW like on this smiley :} , but more of a suttle dull yellow.
I'm confused about what happened here...lol..so all ya T's tried to attack you all at once? was they fighting with each other? lol

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He was just citing the different times he has seen an injury to a T and seen fluid.
That would be horrible if that all happened at once.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm with you, Paul. My C. cyaneopubescens has just died, and a ruptured abdomen had produced a yellow liquid... :eek:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm confused about what happened here...lol..so all ya T's tried to attack you all at once? was they fighting with each other? lol
Haha basically what Ryan said.

He was just citing the different times he has seen an injury to a T and seen fluid.
That would be horrible if that all happened at once.

The Ts that got attacked were attacked by females during mating. Both males survived, but died several months later.

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
only liquid from Ts ive seen that wasnt a yellowish pudding color that came from a ruptured abdomen was tinted lube from a molt maby its lighting but it allways looks differnt to me ranging from clear to maple in color maybe diet plays a role in the color of lube dunno

but looks and sounds like youll have a nice new T soon :)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
keep us updated and upload pics of the new display T.. :razz:

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
UPDATE!
She finally started molting, but not on the back.
She's still on the legs and the carapace is split.
I know some T’s molts standing or on the side ... hopefully she will make it.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is not a good sign. Make sure the humidity is high, keep her dark and quiet. Let us know if she makes it through. Do you know how old she is? WC or CB?