G. Pulchra molted! :)

winwin

Arachnoknight
Got a G. Pulchra a week ago and it stopped eating 2 weeks before it got shipped to me and last night, the butt turned really black and it molted this morning. Is it female? Exuv got stuck on it's butt and is not that useable anymore but there was a small line. It's around molt measured 6.25cm by the way.

It was sold to me as female for 1500 pesos. I just wanna make sure it really is female. I just suck at ventrals so i need help... :(

Edit: I was able to get some close up shots of the exuvium with a light underneath a glass table... (never knew my cellphone could take pics like that. lol)

Last edited:

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Spread the molt and take pics of that (underside.) Molt sexing is more reliable.

you can soak it to make it re-plyable if needed.

winwin

Arachnoknight
Spread the molt and take pics of that (underside.) Molt sexing is more reliable.

you can soak it to make it re-plyable if needed.
The spermathicae's kinda small and can't see much of it... There is a line though...

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

New Pics! :D

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
That's female.
I'm on my phone at the moment, but I can see spermathecae on both shots of the exuvium.
In the decond pic, look closely on the left side of the line. The two ends of the lobes are right near the opposite side of that black dot.

I'll trace it out for you when I get home if you still don't see it. I had to zoom in pretty far.

Last edited:

winwin

Arachnoknight
That's female.
I'm on my phone at the moment, but I can see spermathecae on both shots of the exuvium.
In the decond pic, look closely on the left side of the line. The two ends of the lobes are right near the opposite side of that black dot.

I'll trace it out for you when I get home if you still don't see it. I had to zoom in pretty far.
Thanks a lot man. I know how to sex bigger ones but this one is still pretty small...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Ok. Hope you don't mind me saving and editing your pics.
I've (poorly, using a mouse) traced what I believe to be the spermathecae. I've done it using the second pic because it's easier to see them. You can sorta make 'em out in that first pic too.

I made a .gif!

winwin

Arachnoknight
Ok. Hope you don't mind me saving and editing your pics.
I've (poorly, using a mouse) traced what I believe to be the spermathecae. I've done it using the second pic because it's easier to see them. You can sorta make 'em out in that first pic too.

I made a .gif!
Of course i don't mind, you're actually doing of a huge favor. :) at this size, does it's spermathecae already protrude or not yet?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Of course i don't mind, you're actually doing of a huge favor. :) at this size, does it's spermathecae already protrude or not yet?
Yes they should, though at that size they are very thin, almost impossible to see, and very difficult to lift up without tearing everything apart. If the exuvia is even a little bit wet, they will stick and become almost invisible. As she matures, her spermathecae will begin to darken and become much more obvious.

winwin

Arachnoknight
Yes they should, though at that size they are very thin, almost impossible to see, and very difficult to lift up without tearing everything apart. If the exuvia is even a little bit wet, they will stick and become almost invisible. As she matures, her spermathecae will begin to darken and become much more obvious.
Took 2 more pics, the exuv dried up. Will upload them and post here in 5mins.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Here: