G. Pulchipres hanging upside down

AlvonsoPGR

Arachnopeon
Is a terrestial T supposed to do this? She recently molted around 1-2 weeks ago. I fed her a cricket 3 days ago, and is now trying to feed her again. But she is hanging upside down on the lid, which worries me cause I don't want to get her feet stuck trying to open the lid or risk her escaping.

She's been doing this all night, changed spots 3 times.

Attachments

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
Is a terrestial T supposed to do this? She recently molted around 1-2 weeks ago. I fed her a cricket 3 days ago, and is now trying to feed her again. But she is hanging upside down on the lid, which worries me cause I don't want to get her feet stuck trying to open the lid or risk her escaping.

Pics of the whole enclosure would help

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Yeah they do that. A few of mine do that when their settling in. Nothing to be worried about. There's enough depth in that soil where a fall likely won't kill them. Better that they don't fall at all, but sometimes it's unavoidable

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

There are no rules.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Cogratulations and Welcome to the Neighborhood.
May I suggest some kind of "Hide"
Half Round Bark perhaps?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I’d just make sure you have ventilation at the substrate level and in the lid. Anything that breathes needs fresh air. I personally don’t offer food multiple times a week unless it’s a small sling.