G. Granti

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SO I finally got ahold of some of these monsters and a fuzzy solifugid. Ill post pics when they arrive tuesday. Anyone have alot of experience with these that could give some keepers advice on them.? These will be my first camel spiders but im hoping to do good with them, they dont sound very hard to keep but I hear they die very often for unknown reasons. Im also hoping to have success breeding them so anyone else wanting them could get ahold of a CB one.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Didnt know if there was anything else I should know from someone who has owned them before. Thanks guys.

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since you are trying to keep them when you know that chances are they will die prematurely you must be responsible and try to mimic what successful keepers have done to the letter (Except the small delicup way) until you find you own way. ;)

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I have been reading on keeping them for hours now,... I think it should be successful hopefully long enough to get some eggs.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
remember to not overfeed them cause that shortens the lifespan greatly... but anyways much of the stuff you need to know is in that thread... by the way how many have you got? can you post some pictures please? thanks and good luck with them ;)

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a male and female granti both around 3-4''. And a fuzzy solifugid. Also of course I will post pics :D I wanna try to handle one because they have no venom just an ignorant pinch. But I heard from a friend in the military they can run almost 10 mph :eek: They sit around and shoot them for entertainment.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol. Way to make a big deal out of nothing, try to stay on topic(G.Granti's).
Posting about the divergence off the topic in another post just brings the thread even more off-topic.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yet you reply again. ;P Great way to prove a point.

Anyways as I said I will make sure and get some good pics for you all and hopefully be successful in breeding them.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, if you're hoping to breed them and all, I'd leave them strictly alone.

Oh, after being bitten by the little guys we have here(no biggie, but I was surprised at the power behind it!), I bet G. granti could draw blood the way a pair of craft scissors could.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow. Thats interesting. I knew they were pretty strong but I wasnt sure if they would tear right through, just a very hard pinch. I am keeping them in 2.5 and 5 gallon tanks with alot of hides and about 10% peat 90% sand.

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are they frantically running the whole day? If I were you I'd use rocks to construct some natural-feeling caverns. You'll see them less but they'll live longer and probably breed. ;)

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that Cjm claims to breed so many things?
Anyways, goodluck breeding them.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well in cjm's defense ,he said hes "attempting" to breed them. Just callin it the way I see it;)