Furthering the cause update!

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
It went great! For three days people at work have been calling me a freak...but the T's were the stars of the day! We arrived and I began to set up and my wife took my daughter to the restroom...by the time she got back the table was surrounded by people. There were some who never came near...but MANY overcame their fears and held a T for the first time!
Here are a couple pics...I have TONS but I'll try to keep it short.

First and second here is my little setup...

Attachments

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i missed the beginning?

What were you doing?
Looks like a great display! ANd Great Job! Congratulations on helping people overcome the jitters and show an interest in the T's!

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
And me handling my L. parahybana, Rio.

Attachments

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ahahahah the last one reminded me of my mom when she mustered up enough courage to hold mine lol...wow

well im glad things turned out for you

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
in the last pic the lady's eyes look like they are popping out of her head!

Risto

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
great pics! Thanks for posting them. I think it's awesome that people got the courage to actually handle them :)
Reminds me of last year at the ATS conference, my daughter was getting bored with the lectures, so she went out to a table where this guy had tons of A hentzis, put on on her shoulder, and talked to EVERYONE that walked in the door. Lots of people saw her and decided that tarantulas weren't as bad as they thought!
I was awesome watching her be a little ambassador for arachnids!

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well from the looks of things it seems as though you had a lot of fun. When I gave the demo at the school it a total blast, I love to be able to work with kids and teach them a little in the procces.

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
[How can this one (bug-eyed lady) NOT be your favorite?] -blackdevil

Okay, that IS my favorite...but when I wrote the first one I didn't think I was going to post the "bug eyed" one.

And yes it was a blast! I was just totally amazed at the fascination people had. They couldn't help it! It was like slowing down at the scene of a car accident to rubber neck! :D

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Good for you!

That's a good way to break the negative image people have about T's. That bug-eyed lady pic is classic! Thanks for the pics.

I'm thinking about keeping a T in my office at work. People always tell me that I should put up some artwork or plants in my office (my office is PLAIN) - a T (or 2) would be better :D !

Dario

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Great pictures, particularly the 1st time handlers! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us !!!