funny togo color

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok i got a togo starburst and its a cinnamon color, i was wondering if males and females are different colors or maybe idf its a juvie. Its not just a light cinnamon its hair is brownish and is actual body is a lighter brown than the hair but its not that chalk white look tha ive allways seen. so if anyone has any pics id love to see em and any cage setups or just any information would be helpfull

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and i got my hopes up thinking someone had answered my post. if it bothered you so much that i posted tree times you did't have to answere three times. and if your not gonna be helpful don't bother.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i am wondering the same thing myself, i have a 2.5-3" juvie and it is a cinamon color as well, do these grow into the "pale " phase? or are their just some ocolor variances? mine has only molted twice in 5 months and after looking at it for sometime i think it may be a female, any thoughts?--Jeff

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
another thing i was wondering is do males get the tibial spurs? and when do males get their spurs. is it after the last molt or sooner?

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine looks similer to that but its abdomin is so small maybe as it streaches itll get some white in it mine probably 3.5 in.

SoCalKyle

Arachnopeon
Small abdomen's are pretty common with Male's. Not always the case, but very likely. As for this species it will have tribal hooks.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does anyone know where i can get a guarenteed female h. maculata for fairly cheap?

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my H.maculata was a light brown color and was aquried as an immature, but id'd as a female. her abdomen was small, too, and lacked the traditional togo markings.

Kristin=D

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well they told me id be getting a female too but im allmost 90% sure i got a male. from the feathered legs the small abdomin, brown color, long legs, everything adds up to be a male... and anouther thing mine is extreamly clumbsy it falls probably every two minutes it has started to stay at the bottom of the tank. for being an arboreal it has a lot of trouble climbing.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if its a small h. maculata female it probably wont start to get any white in until it gets a little bit bigger.

Risto

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have an unsexed juve H. maculata that's about 2.5" or so now, and it also has the cinnamon/beige coloration. I've read that they'll grow into the white coloration, I hope that's true.... Mine eats like a horse and molts about once every six weeks, though, so the abdomen has gone from large to medium to large to medium to large.

Mine also maintains a burrow and a web retreat, which join together at ground level. I don't think he/she has made a full commitment to the arboreal lifestyle yet. ;)

Joanie